A plugged milk duct(thanaili in ayurveda) is a common problem during breastfeeding. Due to this milk blocked in duct(canal carrying milk to nipples). This is very painful and if not taken care this may lead to development of lump in breasts.
There are several reason for developing blocked milk duct like not feeding baby properly or baby is not draining complete milk from breasts. This generally occurs in early weeks after delivery. In most of the cases if you are feeding regularly and properly it will cures by itself(You need to bear the initial days pain).
In ayurveda there are many natural and effective remedied to treating plugged milk duct:
- Keep feeding your baby regularly. Initially you will experience pain but pain will getaway after some days and you will start feeling happiness after every feed.
- Drink adequate amount of water and take liquid diet. This will reduce thickness of milk and will reduce pain.
- Make paste of marigold leaves and apply on breasts regularly. This will treat this condition.
- Mix turmeric powder(haldi) in aloe-vera juice. Heat it then let it cool down. Apply this mixture regularly on breasts. This will treat plugged milk duct.
- Make mustard paste by adding water. Apply this paste on breasts. This will treat all breasts problems
- Take betel leaves, heat them and do heat compression on breasts. Do it 2-3 time daily for 2-3 days. This will treat plugged milk duct.
- Avoid spicy foods.
Note: If this problem persist for more than 1-2 weeks and you are still feeling pain then you must visit a doctor.
Low milk supply in breasts natural remedies
Low milk supply in breast is very common problem in most the moms during early days after delivery. One can diagnose this if baby is doing frequent feeding and milk is not leaking automatically from nipples and you are feeling your breasts are loose when you are starting feeding to your child.
There may be several reasons for low milk supply in breasts like illness, birth control pill and not proper diet.
Here are some natural home remedies for treating low milk supply in breasts:
- First thing you must keep feeding your baby regularly because milk production in the body is adjusted automatically according to you baby demand. if you feed less then body will produce less milk and if you feed more then your body will produce more milk.
- Eat nutritious foods like carrots, papaya and saijana. Drink kada(Kwath of milk, Cumin seeds and dry fruits and clarified butter). Don?t worry about weight gain, if you feed regularly you will not gain weight.
- Drink milk by adding 6 gm cumin powder. Increase cumin quantity in you food spices. This will do the magic in treating low milk supply in your breasts.
- Eat raw papaya (salad) or by making curry regularly and see the result.
- Eat Arahar daal(Lentil) by adding clarified butter or simply fry Tuar dall with clarified butter and cumin seeds. Please use butter according to your digestion capacities.
- Drink carrot juice daily.
- Eat Saijana(Moringa or Drumstick) leaves bhaji daily. This will do the magic. In some part of India, poor people are using saijana leaves as supplement for women’s. This tree leaves are so nutritious and Indian people are using this from long time.
- Eat soaked kabuli chanaga(chick pea) every day (2 times a day) with sugar.
- Mix equal quantity of black cumin with sugar. Grind this and take it 5-6 gm twice with water daily.
- Eat methi daily to increase milk production.