Table of Contents
- 1 Ingredients of Himalaya Amalaki
- 2 Ayurvedic Properties and Action / Karma
- 3 Biomedical Action
- 4 Benefits of Himalaya Amalaki
- 5 Important Therapeutic Uses of Himalaya Amalaki
- 6 The Dosage of Himalaya Amalaki
- 7 Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
Himalaya Amalaki Capsules is pure herb extract of Amla or Indian gooseberry. The Latin name of this herb is Emblica officinalis or Phyllanthus emblica.
Indian gooseberry has antacid, anti-inflammatory, antipyretic, alterative, adaptogen, digestive, laxative, hepatoprotective, astringent, hemostatic, antioxidant, cardiotonic, nutritive, ophthalmic, Tonic, aphrodisiac properties.
Amla as medicine is indicated in gastritis, dyspepsia, acidity, peptic ulcer, general debility, constipation, hypercholesterolemia, fever, hepatitis, hemorrhoids, skin problems, urinary problems, headaches, bowel problems, chest infections, and asthma.
Intake of Amla in the form of juice or powder gives relief in acidity due to its Pitta pacifying and cooling properties. It has laxative properties and helps in constipation. In a clinical study, hyperacidity patients were given 9 to 13.5 g/day (in three divided doses) of Amla for an initial 2 weeks. This was followed by a dose of 6 to 9 g/day (two divided doses) for the rest of the total duration of 3 months. It was observed, the secretion of acid and pepsin significantly decreased. Complete radiological healing was seen in peptic-ulcer patients. There was marked symptomatic relief in most of the patients. It also increases hemoglobin concentration.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer / Brand: Himalaya Drug Company
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Pure Herb extract of Indian gooseberry
- Main Indication: As Antioxidant, rejuvenating tonic and boosting immunity
- Dhatu (tissue): All tissues are affected, especially blood and muscles
- Srotas (channel): Circulation, digestion, and elimination
- MRP/Price: Himalaya Kapikachhu Himalaya Amalaki 60 Capsules @ MRP 150.00
Ingredients of Himalaya Amalaki
Each tablet contains: Amalaki (Emblica officinalis) fruit extract – 250 mg
Constituents of Amalaki
Ascorbic acid, fatty acids, bioflavonoids, polyphenols, cytokinins, B vitamins, calcium, potassium, iron, tannins.
Ayurvedic Properties and Action / Karma
Emblica officinalis has all tastes except salty. It has a primarily sour, bitter, astringent taste (Rasa). It is sweet after digestion (Madhur Vipaka) and is heating in effect (Virya). It is light, dry in qualities (Guna). It pacifies all Dosha (tridosaghna) but primarily Pitta and Vata are reduced, and Kapha is increased. It increases ojas.
- Rasa (taste): Has all taste except salty. Primarily Sour, bitter, astringent. Secondary Pungent and sweet.
- Virya (energy): Cooling
- Vipaka (post-digestive effect): Sweet
- Guna (quality): Light, dry
- Dosha effect: All doshas are reduced / tridosaghna: Reduces Vata and Pitta; increases ojas
- Anlomna: Anulomna means one which promotes excretions and favor discharge
- Chakshushya: Good for the eyes
- Deepana: Promote appetite but do not aid in digesting undigested food
- Hridaya: Heart Tonic
- Keshya: Hair tonic
- Medhya: Tonic to the mind
- Pramehaghna: Destroys urinary diseases and diabetes
- Rakta vardhaka: Nourishes raktadhatu
- Raktapittahar: Cures bleeding
- Raktashodhak: Purifies the blood
- Rasayana: Rejuvenative, alternative tonics, prevent or remove the effects of age, increase the vigour of healthy persons and cure the ailments of the sick.
- Stambhana: Astringes and binds
- Tridoshahara: Corrects the imbalance of Vata, Pitta, and Kapha.
- Vajikarak: Aphrodisiac are medicines which increase sexual power.
- Virechak: Laxative
- Vrishya: Increases sexual potency, the quantity of semen.
- Adaptogenic: Stabilization of physiological processes and promotion of homeostasis.
- Alterative: Alter favorably the course of an ailment.
- A tacid: Gives relief in hyperacidity.
- Anti–inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antipyretic/antifebrile/febrifuge: Effective against fever.
- Antiscorbutic: Curing or preventing scurvy.
- Aphrodisiac: Stimulates sexual desire.
- Astringents: Constrict tissues; styptic.
- Cardiotonic: Tonic for the heart.
- Digestive: Digestant.
- Hemostatic: Checking blood flow.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Laxative: Tending to stimulate or facilitate the evacuation of the bowels.
- Nutritive: Providing nourishment, nutritious.
- Ophthalmic: Pertaining to the eye.
- Tonic: Restore or improve health or well-being.
Benefits of Himalaya Amalaki
- It is the nutritive tonic of Ayurveda.
- It is healing and rejuvenating.
- Its intake gives good eyesight, keeps hair black and helps in better absorption of iron.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C.
- Amalki is also known as Dhatri in Sanskrit which means,’mother/supporter/ sustainer’ and ‘nurse’. The name Dhatri signifies one that nurse, supports and heals.
- It is 100% vegetarian.
- It is free from sugar, artificial colors, artificial flavors, preservatives, and gelatin.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Himalaya Amalaki
- Beneficial in ulcers, acidity, gastritis, colitis, hepatitis, hemorrhoids
- Improving general health and performance
- Inflammatory and bleeding conditions
- Low immunity
- Metabolic disorders Diabetes
- Preventing premature skin aging
- Rejuvenative and adaptogen
The Dosage of Himalaya Amalaki
- The recommended dosage of medicine is a 1-2 capsule.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening.
- It can be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Amla has no known side-effects. It is used as food and medicine since ancient times.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Pure Herbs are recommended for children ages 14 and above.
- Health risks or side effects following the proper administration of designated therapeutic dosages are not recorded.
- Please consult your physician if symptoms persist.
- Amla constipates in small doses.
- Amla is contraindicated in diarrhea, dysentery, caution in the high Kapha and Ama.