Table of Contents
Eat small portions Reduce food Portion Sizes
Reduce the amount of food you eat, such as 1 cup of fruit or 170 gm of meat. If you try to eat in small portions, eat a 100gm burger instead of a 200 gm burger.
Keep less food in the plate
1. Drink a large glass of water 10 minutes before your meal, which will reduce your appetite.
2. Eat meat, chicken, turkey, and fish 100 gm or less.
3. Share a dessert with other people
Eat a small meal
4. Use spoons, salad fork, or baby-shaped forks and spoons and knives for small piece cutting, and eat less.
5. Make less food and serve it on a salad or a plate of a breakfast plate
6. Eat slowly it takes 20 minutes to signal your brain from your stomach that you have filled your stomach.
7. Listen to music instead of watching TV while eating (people have a habit of eating more while watching TV)
How much should I eat?
You try to fill your plate like this:
- 1/4 Protein
- 1/4 grains
- 1/2 vegetables and fruits
- and fruit dairy (low fat or skim milk)
Try to be more active each day
Find ways to be more active each day, try to be active in at least 30 minutes, 5 days a week. A great way to start walking and you can do it almost anywhere at any time. Bicycle rides, swimming, and dancing are also good ways to stay active.
If you’re looking for a safe place to stay active, walk-in nearby parks.
8. Show your children the dance you used to do during your age.
9. Turn on music while doing housework
10. Work with a video that shows you how to do exercises.
Always try walking
11. Instead of sending an e-mail to a colleague, go to him.
12. Use stairs in your office to climb, and then go to the elevator.
13. Get on the phone by walking
14. When you watch TV, keep moving around instead of sitting
15. Choose a way to walk to a safe place like a mall near your home.
16. You should take 1 or 2 stops of the house in advance and decide the rest of the way if this is possible.
Make a healthy food option
Find ways to make healthy eating choices this can help you lose weight and reduce the likelihood of getting type 2 diabetes.
Choose to eat more vegetables, fruits, and whole grains. Reduce high-fat foods such as milk, cheese, and fried things. This will help you reduce the amount of fat and calories you take each day.
Eat Veggie at breakfast
17. Buy a mixture of vegetables when you purchase food items
18. Choose veggie toppings like spinach, broccoli, and chili for your pizza.
19. Try to eat foods from other countries many of these dishes have more vegetables, whole grains, and beans.
20. Buy frozen and low salt (sodium) canned vegetables.
21. Serve a salad with your favorite vegetable and low-fat macaroni and cheese.
Keep in mind while cooking
22. Cook with less oil and butter.
23. Do not try to eat while cooking or cleaning the kitchen.
24. Cook cured meat in small quantities. They are more salt.
Cook with style
25. Cook with a mixture of spices instead of salt and add a very little salt.
26. Use various recipes to cook meat, chicken, and fish.
27. Choose foods with little or no sugar to reduce calories.
28. Choose brown rice instead of white rice.
29. Take more vegetable salad with low-calorie salad dressing while eating. Share your main food with a friend or pack half apart.
30. Make healthy choices in fast food restaurants Take things with grilled chicken or vegetable instead of cheeseburgers
31. Leave the fries and chips and eat salads.
32. Order fruit salad instead of ice cream or cake.
Reconsider your drink
33. Buy a water bottle that you really like and drink water throughout the day.
34. Instead of drinking orange juice, eat orange saic.
35. If you drink full cream milk, try to convert the toned milk. It has low fat. Once you start drinking toned milk, try to drink fat-free milk. This will help you reduce the amount of fat and calories you take each day.
36. Drink water instead of juice and soda.
37. Keep at least half whole grain in your food, such as whole-grain bread and cereals, brown rice.
38. Use whole grain bread for toast and sandwiches.
39. Keep a healthy snack with you, such as fresh fruits, a handful of dry fruits, and roasted grains.
40. Eat slowly during snack. Take a snack that takes time to eat.
41. Share a bowl of fruit with family and friends.
42. Eat a healthy snack or food before shopping for food items, don’t visit an empty stomach shop
43. Buy fresh, local vegetables and fruits from a slump.
44. Make a list of the items you need before visiting the store.
45. Note what you eat every day and check every week how many things you have eaten, or eat more food. This will help you to reduce them.
Read the label
46. Compare labels on food packages.
47. Choose low saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, calories, salt, and sugar in your food.
Take care of your mind, body, and soul
48. Take time to change the way you eat and be active (exercise). Try a new meal or activity a week
49. Find ways to relax a deep breath, walk, or try listening to your favorite music.
50. Pamper yourself, read a book, bathe longer, or meditate
51. Think before eating when you are bored, upset or unhappy, do not try to eat
Respect your health as your most precious gift, you succeed in preventing or delaying type 2 diabetes by making healthy food choices and moving forward while being more active. Find your own address and share them with your family, friends, and neighbors.