Silicea or Silica is Biochemic or tissue salt. Biochemic salts are chemicals essential for maintenance of life. It is natural occurring element present in stones. Silicea removes toxins and wastes from body. It is an effective remedy for boils, abscesses and contagious disease. Some characteristic symptom of Silicea patients are, lack of energy, chilly, tendency to catch cold, discharges, profuse sweating, periodicity of complaint, constipation, chronic headaches, dry and unhealthy skin, boils, ulcers etc.
Silicea is useful in treatment of following conditions
- Effective in the expulsion of a retained nail, fishbone or shotgun pellets in the body
- Heals of the boils and abscesses
- Foreign material such as glass piece, needle, thorn etc. stuck in hand, feet
- Parasitic worm which may have entered in body can be dissolved by silicea
- Expels fishbone which is stuck in throat
- Dries pus oozing from body
- Enlarged body glands in women
- Acne and pimples
- Severe and troublesome eczema over the scalp
- Acute infection of the tonsils
- Chronic diarrhoea
Note: Silicea is incompatible with some remedies and should never be mixed with them. For example, it is incompatible with any form of Mercury. Medicines containing mercury and silicon should never be taken together.