Table of Contents
In ayurveda it is suggested that reason for arthritis is weak digestion and accumulated toxins in the body. So to treat arthritis digestion should be good and by product of impaired digestion known as ama should be suppress.
Ayurveda says to remain healthy it is important to maintain balance of vata, Pitta and kapha. Any disease in the body is result of imbalance of vaat, Pitta and kapha. Arthritis can also be differentiated in three type based on tridoshas.
Vata arthritis is due to excess of vata from colon that settles in joints with toxins. This triggers autoimmune system that attacks joints and result in pain and stiffness.
Treatment Of Vata Arthritis:
- Take Triphala churna to keep colon clean.
- Massage with lukewarm oil like sesame oil.
- Take 2 tablets of Yograj guggal with warm water in morning and evening.
- when heat causes more pain in joints then it may be Pitta type arthritis.
- Pitta arthritis is due to excess of Pitta or heat in the body.
- Treatment Of Pitta Arthritis
- Apply cool compresses at affected joints.
- Massage with coconut oil to get relief.
- Take anti-pitta diet and cool, dry foods.
- Take Triphla Churna or powder.
- When cool compresses causes more pain then it may be vaat or kapha type arthritis.
- kapha arthritis starts from lungs and sinus. Due to slow digestion and metabolism in the body toxins level increase in the body.
Treatment Of Kapha Arthritis:
- Take Triphala Churna.
- Massage with almond oil.
- Take anti-kapha diet and eat light warm foods.
- Include dry ginger or sonth, turmeric, and cinnamon in daily diet.
- Take 2 tablets of Yograj guggal with warm water in morning and evening