Table of Contents
Yog guru swami Ramdev highly recommend anulom vilom pranayam along with 6 other pranayam to include in daily routine to remain healthy and curing of many ailments of digestive system, circulatory system, nervous system, allergies and skin related problems.
This pranayam is very simple to do and can be done by any one. Initially it can be done for shorter duration and with practice for longer duration.
Process of doing anulom vilom pranayam
-Sit in a comfortable position and close your eyes. Now close your right nostril with thumb and breath from left nostril.
-Then close left nostril by middle fingers and exhale from right nostril.
-Inhale from right nostril and close it and exhale from left nostril.
-Inhale from left nostril and repeat it so on for at least 15 mins.
Duration for pranayam
For fully healthy person it can be done for 5 mins, but for curing ailment such as migraine, depression practice at least for minimum 15 mins twice a day.
Benefits of anulom vilom pranayam
– It is highly beneficial in curing high blood pressure.
– Daily practice for 15 mins cures migraine, depression and epilepsy.
– Hypertension, diabetes, arthritis, bronchitis, eye related problems are curable by it.
– Reduces toxins from body and help in purification of body by supplying adequate oxygen.
– Reduces stress, tension and makes mind fresh.
Precautions in pranayam
– Having cough problem then it is better to decongest nasal passage and do slowly.
– Do it in fresh air but make sure the air in which you are doing is not very cold as it risk cold cough problems.
– Take rest when ever feel.
– Inhale in lungs and not in stomach as lungs are oxygen absorbing organs.
– In morning do it empty stomach and in evening do after 4 hrs of taking lunch.