Table of Contents
Acne is a condition of the skin in which there are rash or bumps on the face. This can lead to pimples, blackheads, whiteheads, or cysts on the face. A boy or a girl, hormonal changes in adolescence cause acne to become more and less over time.
What Are The Causes Of Acne?
In Acne the pimple can be filled with red-yellow pus and can be bumpy. It also leaves the pits on the face many times. Pimples occurring in adolescents are very common and are seen in about 8 out of 10. Pimples are also seen as a trail of puberty. Having a pimple on the face means that children have now become young. Acne that many adolescents have is called acne vulgaris. It can usually be on the face, neck, shoulders, upper back, and chest. Read more about Acne reasons
There are many over-the-counter lotions and creams available for acne containing salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide salicylic acid or benzoyl peroxide. It is helpful in preventing and correcting acne. Keep in mind to use as per prescription because overuse will make the condition worse.
Why Pimple occurs in Acne?
Sebaceous glands in the skin in the hair follicles. Sebaceous glands are also called oil glands. These glands form sebum. Sebum is an oil that lubricates the skin and hair. Most of the time, sebaceous glands make up the right amount of sebum. As the body matures and occurs, the effect of hormones makes the Sebaceous gland to make more sebum.
If too much sebum is formed and there are many dead skin cells, the pores of the skin get jammed. The bacteria (especially a propionibacterium acnes) begin to flourish and cause inflammation and redness, leading to the onset of acne. It can also be filled with a pus that is caused by bacterial infections.
Factors that cause acne are:
- From skin products (moisturizers or cosmetics)
- From oil or work environment (for example, in the kitchen)
- Changing hormone levels 2 to 7 days before the onset of menstrual periods in adolescent girls and adult women
- By pressure from helmets or equipment, backpacks, collars, or sports tight uniforms
- Environmental problems, such as pollution and high humidity
- Touching stains again and again
- Rubbing the skin
- Stress etc.
Skin jam pores that are very much inside the skin can lead to infected nodules that are large in size and cause a lot of pain. Sometimes, large acne-like abscesses can cause staph infection (Cellulitis).
What I can do to avoid acne?
To reduce acne, it is necessary to remove the oil from the face and wash your face once or twice a day with mild soap and hot water. Never clean the face by rubbing is with force. Do not touch acne and not rub.
If you wear sunscreen, make sure it’s non-stop of the knuckles and is labeled non-comedogenic, non-acnegenic.
- Cover the face before going to the sun.
- If you put oil, sprays, gel, etc., in the hair, keep in mind that it is not on the face.
- If there is dandruff in the hair, treat it.
- Reduce the intake of oily food, dairy products, junk food, sweets, chocolate fizzy drinks, and caffeine, consuming more of them leads to acne and other skin problems.
- Press or not blow the pimple. This will lead to more inflammation, more oil, and bacterial infections. The infected pimple will cause wounds and pits on the face and the skin of the face will not be smooth.
Whatever you do, it is difficult to prevent acne in teenagers with hormonal effects because the reason for this is internal. Don’t panic, it’s completely normal. Girls can get more pimples before the period.
Cream for acne
Doctors usually recommend OTC or prescription topical medication for people with mild signs of acne. There are many OTC topical medications used for mild acne each works in a different way some of the following are the most common:
- Benzoyl peroxide Benzoyl peroxide
- Resorcinol Resorcinol
- Salicylic acid Salicylic acid
For moderate-to-severe inflammatory acne
If it is happening in a very large number, you can contact the doctor. Doctors can have some prescription medications and antibiotics for this. Antibiotics help prevent bacterial infections.
Antibiotics: Preventing or Slowing down bacteria growth and reducing inflammation.
Vitamin A Derivatives (Retinoid) Vitamin A Derivatives (retinoids)
Home Remedies for Pimples
- Wash the face 3-4 times with clean water. Do not apply soap. Either let the face dry automatically or dry then pat with a clean towel.
- Drink more water so that the pores of the skin are open and the skin is hydrated.
- Sometimes, when there is more secretion of insulin in the body, the pimples are also high. Therefore, useless carbohydrates and dairy products.
- Eat Amla powder in the morning and evening in a teaspoon of quantity.
- Do not eat oily and spicy food.
- If the skin is more oily, mix the flour and turmeric and apply it as the face pack.
- Mix the Multani Mitti in rose water and keep it on the face for 15 minutes. Wash it with water and clean it.
- Treat constipation. Use Triphala powder while sleeping at night. Eating currants and raisins also clear the stomach.
- Rub the nutmeg in milk and apply on the face.
- Apply fenugreek leaves paste on the face. Keep it on the face for 15 minutes. Then wash and clean with water.
- Clean and grind the basil leaves. Put this paste on the face for half an hour and then wash.
- Clean and grind the neem leaves. Put this paste on the face for half an hour and then wash.
- Keep mint juice on the face.
- Apply ripe tomatoes on the skin on the blackheads. Wash after 5-10 minutes.
- Grate the potatoes to remove the pimple stains and apply it to the face.
If even after adolescence, the pimple continues to emerge, see the doctor. Sometimes it shows hormonal imbalance in the body, such as PCODproblems. PCOD is polycystic Ovary syndrome in which cysts are formed inside the ovary and there is an imbalance of hormone in the body.
Do not use heavy food, oil, marinating, etc. in food and use digestible food, fresh fruits, and vegetables. Drink more water during the day and do some exercise. Try to reduce stress and do pranayama. You cannot completely avoid the pimples in adolescence. Their exit will also be stopped over time. Reduce the oil on the skin and do not touch the pimple.