Back pain is very common problem. Around 90 % people suffer from back pain in different phases of their life. It is very common among professionals who have to sit in same position for very long duration, workers doing hard physical work and obese people.
Reasons for back pain:
- Sedentary lifestyle
- Strain in muscles
- Doing work without taking break
- Wrong posture while sitting and standing
- Taking steroids for long duration due to certain medical condition
How to avoid back pain:
- Make changes in lifestyle and do regular exercises.
- Add food rich in calcium and vitamin d in daily diet.
- Walking is good exercise to increase bone mass.
- Maintain weight and try to shed extra kilos to lower burden on lower back.
- Wear comfortable footwear and avoid high heels.
- For lifting objects never bend back instead bend knees and hips.
- Maintain right posture while sitting, standing and walking.
- Avoid watching TV lying down.
- Bed should be comfortable. It should not be too soft or too hard.