Most of the people drink alcohol while they are on other medicinal drugs and this can be very dangerous as it can cause nausea and vomiting, headaches, drowsiness, fainting, or loss of coordination. In some cases it can be fatal. So you should always avoid alcohol while taking other medicines.
In some cases mixing alcohol with medicines can cause heart problems, internal bleeding and it can make medicine toxic.
Even natural herbal medicines can be dangerous if some one mixing them with alcohol.
Even though you want to drink alcohol while taking medicines then first ask your doctor that is it safe to drink alcohol while taking your medicines.
Reasons for not mixing alcohol with other medicines
- As every one know medicines are made by many chemical which can do reactions with alcohol and produces toxic compounds which can harm some one health very badly.
- Many medicines are made by using 10% alcohol.
- Even many Ayurvedic and Homeopathic medicines are made using very concentrated alcohol and if you consume alcohol with this medicines then you will defiantly get bad result.
Who are on greater risk ?
- Females are always on higher risk than males because females body have less water than males.
- As aging slows the body ability to break down alcohol, older people are on higher risk while mixing alcohol with medicines.
- If some one is suffering from some ill ness like heart problems, diabetes and others like this then they must not drink alcohol.
So please be careful while taking alcohol and make sure you are not on any medicine other wise you can face serious health problem.
Here are list of some medicine reactions with alcohol Reference