Soya beans are very well known oil seeds from legume family. These beans are excellent source of vegetable protein, antioxidants, B vitamins (including folate) and iron. Soya milk and other products can be safely consumed by everyone.
These are even safe for infants. Dairy-free infant formula based on soya is available in market that fulfils the nutritional requirements of babies. Various studies done Soy milk has confirmed the fact that it helps to reduce high LDL-cholesterol levels. Soy milk also reduces the risk of prostate cancer. Soya milk is rich source of polyunsaturated fatty acids, including the good fats and is free of cholesterol. As compared to cow’s milk, it has lower level of saturated fat and higher levels of unsaturated essential fatty acids, which can lower cholesterol levels.
Health benefits of Soyabean milk
- Good source of vegetable protein, vitamin B1, iron, and phosphate
- Dairy free and good alternative to animal milk for persons suffering from lactose intolerance
- Low in calorie and fats
- Decreases total serum cholesterol, low-density lipoprotein (LDL) cholesterol
- Reduced risk of prostate cancer
- Prevents diseases of the heart, blood vessels and osteoporosis
- Alkalizing drink and helps to balance over-acidity of body
Soy milk is now gaining popularity as milk substitute. A daily intake of one glass of soy milk not only provides protein and various important vitamins and minerals but also neutralises excessive acidity of body. It has no cholesterol and dairy free. It is a well suited drink for persons suffering from excess weight and cholesterol problem. Soy milk is safe for everyone.