Face steaming helps to open clogged pores, removal of black and white heads. Steaming process is suitable for every skin type.
How to do face steaming:
- Clean face with mild face wash according to the skin type.
- Exfoliate face using mild facial scrub.
- Using a facial steamer or bowl steam your face. Facial steamers or vaporizer are available in market in which distilled water is added and plugged to power to produce steam.
- If it is not available then simply take a bowl, fill it with drinking water and put on stove till steam begins to form. Remove bowl from stove. Now tie your hair back, put a towel over head and lean over the bowl to steam face.
- Make sure that adequate distance is made from bowl and steam should not feel very hot in nostril and mouth otherwise burn may happen.
- Rinse face with cold water or apply ice to close open pores.
- Do not rub skin but pat it dry with clean towel.
- Apply moisturizer all over face.
- Duration of Facial steam
- Not more than 20 mins.
- Once or twice a week. Overdoing causes skin dryness.
Benefits of steaming face:
- Deep cleanse skin and give relief from pimples.
- Cleans pores, improve blood circulation and gives a glowing skin.
- Comforts skin after removal of makeup.
- For men steam help to soften beard for smooth and clean shave.