Premature hair greying is start of hair greying before or below the age of thirty five. Hairs turns grey because of reduction of melanin production in hair follicle. It is melanin which gives black colour to hair. When this pigment is produced in lesser amount then hair loses their colour, strength and thickness. There are various reasons which are responsible for greying of hair in young age.
Reasons for premature hair greying
Well-balanced and nutritious diet is must for good health. Same is also true for health of hairs. A diet deficient in Vitamin B 12 can cause premature hair greying.
Deficiency of micronutrients
Deficiency of iron, copper, manganese and iodine are also contributing factor for greying of hairs.
Genetics play an important role in hair greying. If your parents have suffered from premature greying then you are also prone to suffer from this condition.
Stress and anxiety plays havoc for overall health. Stress for the long period is responsible for causing adverse effect of scalp skin. It is scalp skin through which nutrition reaches to hair follicles. So poor supply of nutrients to hair causes greying.
Lack of cleanliness
Improper cleaning of hairs causes accumulation of dirt, oils and dandruff of scalp skin. The result is poor blood supply to hairs and hair greying.
Thyroid imbalance, anemia, vitiligo etc. also causes hair greying.
What to do for preventing premature hair greying?
Have a nutritious well balanced diet. In your daily diet add seasonal fruits, salads, vegetables and dry fruits.
- Prevent Vitamin B12 deficiency. You can get this vitamin by consuming meat, poultry, seafood, milk, cheese, and eggs. But if you are vegetarian then taking multivitamin supplement and eating breakfast cereal fortified with vitamin B12 is an option to cure its deficiency. Becosules capsules is well known vitamin B complex supplement.
- Massage your scalp for proper blood circulation and supply of nutrients to hair shafts.
- Do proper cleaning and oiling of hairs.
- Do meditation and deep breathing. This has a calming effect on mind and helps to cope better with day to day stress and anxiety.
- Sleep well and drink adequate amount of water.