Yavakshara is alkali preparation of Yava or barley containing Potassium bicarbonate and useful in the treatment of abdominal diseases, urinary problems, Kapha vata vikar, amavata, poison and various other diseases. This medicine has diuretic and diaphoretic properties.
Yava kshaar is also used as ingredient in preparation of other medicines. It is Katu rasa in taste and Katu vipak, Ushna Virya, Vata, Kaphaghna in action. Yava kshara is a useful medicine in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia (BPH) which is urological condition caused by the non-cancerous enlargement of the prostate gland in males with advancement of age.
Ingredients of Yavakshara
Prepared from dried panchag of Yava or barley
Uses of Yavakshara
- Useful in Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Obstructive uropathy, urolithiasis, urinary retention
- Reduces the size of hyper-trophied prostate gland which relieves urgency, frequency of urination
- Helpful in incomplete emptying of the bladder, nocturia (condition in which waking up during the night for frequent urination)
- Improves digestive power
- Alleviates Kapha and vayu dosha
- Useful in amavaat, piles, the liver and spleen diseases
The Dosage of Yava kshara
125-500 mg twice a day before the meals or as described by physician.