Most of the cereal grain has one hard thick outer layer which is known as bran. This bran is great source of nutrients and full of medicinal properties. In Indian most of the people eat wheat flour but unfortunately flour has very less bran part because wheat bran taste is disliked by most of the people.
Here I am writing about wheat husk health benefits and how one can use it in daily life.
- Bran is high in protein, magnesium, manganese, niacin, phosphorus, zinc and vitamin B6, and is low in fat, with no cholesterol, and no sugar or sodium.
- Bran is best source of dietary fibre which cleans out body cholesterol and keeps our digestive system perfect. People suffering from cardiac disease must consume wheat barn and other grains barn.
- Wheat bran helps constipation by speeding up the colon and increasing stool output and bowel frequency.
- Wheat bran can help maintain normal bowel function and Relieve occasional constipation, such as caused by changes in dietary habits or travel.
- ½ tea spoon wheat bran powder before and after every meal helps in the treatment of gallstone.
- To treat Acne, allergic skin sensitivity increased Soak 2-3 tablespoon bran in water for 8-10 hours. Now take 1 cup daily in morning empty stomach for 30 days. It will defiantly improve the condition and reduce your cholesterol.
- Soak barn for 4 hours and apply on the affected skin for 30-45 minutes, it will definite cure like irritation, also helpful in Psoriasis. It can be also used to burn cysts, fibroids, etc..
Tips to make grain barn part of your culinary:
- As most of the grain barns has not appealing taste to try to add little amount of barn in your foods. Do not eat excessive amount of barns otherwise it may cause diarrhea.
- Do not eat wheat barn regularly. Fix 2-3 days in a week when you eat wheat barn food. It is better to consult a dietician.
- Wheat bran cannot be stored like regular wheat flour. It tends to get rancid and is best stored in the refrigerator, especially if one plans to store it for long. Alternately, it may be stored in a vacuum-sealed canister at a moderate temperature. If you note that the wheat bran tastes bitter, it is probably rancid, and should be discarded.