Sarpalin is a polyherbal Ayurvedic proprietary medicine from Unjha Ayurvedic Pharmacy. The main ingredient of this medicine is Sarpagandha (Rauvolfia serpentina) roots, a well-known herb for controlling blood pressure. This herb is first mentioned by Acharya Sushruta in 600 BC. Sarpagandha is also used in treatment of sleep disturbances, deep sadness, severe depression and schizophrenia.
Unjha Sarpalin Tablets are very effective in controlling high blood pressure and mood disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Unjha Sarpalin Tablet
Each Uncoated Tablet Contains:
- Rauwolfia Serpentina (Rauvolfia serpentina) 250 mg
- Shankhavali (Convolvulus pluricaulis) 50 mg
- Brahmi (Bacopa monnieri) 50 mg
- Vach (Acorus Calamus) 25 mg
- Tagar (Valeriana Wallichii) 25 mg
- Jatamansi (Nardostachys Jatamansi) 25 mg
- Bhringraj (Eclipta Alba) 25 mg
- Ashwagandh (Withania Somnifera) 25 mg
- Jivanti (Leptadenia Reticulata) 25 mg
- Excipients Q.S.
1) Rauwolfia / Rauvolfia root / Serpentina Root / Indian Snakeroot / Rauvolfia serpentina, is a climbing shrub indigenous to India. The chief action of this herb is Antihypertensive and Tranquillizer. It is indicated in borderline hypertension, depression, Parkinson’s disorder, anxiety, tension and psychomotor irritation. Alkaloid, Reserpine from the roots of plant is used in treatment of schizophrenia, neuropsychiatric disorders and psychosis.
Traditionally, its decoction is used to increase uterine contractions and for expulsion of fetus. It causes contraction of uterus and abortion in pregnancy.
This herb is generally taken along with some diuretic herb to prevent fluid retention that can be caused if Sarpgandha is taken alone.
Sarpagandha / Rauvolfia root, must not be taken in pregnancy, bleeding disorders, gastric and duodenal ulcers.
2) Shankhpushpi / Convolvulus pluricaulis, is hypotensive, anti-thyroid and sedative. It improves mental functions and reduces stress due to traumatic, chemical or psychological reasons. Shankhpushpi is used in treatment of epilepsy, insanity, weakness of nerves and mental retardation.
Shankhpushpi is Katu (Pungent), Tikta (Bitter) and Kashaya (Astringent) in taste (Ras) and Laghu (light), Sara (Unstable) in action (Guna). Its post-digestive effect (Vipak) is Madhura (Sweet). It is a Sheet Virya herbs. Sheet Virya or Cool potency herb, subdues Pitta (Bile) Vata (Wind) and increases Kapha (Mucus). Sheet Virya herb gives nourishment to body and steadiness. It supports building of body fluids. Shankhpushpi is tridoshhar and balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha.
3) Brahmi / Bacopa monnieri, is bitter (Tikta), astringent (Kashaya) in taste (Ras), light (Laghu), unctuous (Snigdha) in qualities (Guna). It is pungent (Katu) after digestion (Vipak) and Cool in potency. Brahmi balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. It is a nervine tonic, sedative, rejuvenative, anticonvulsant and anti–inflammatory. In Ayurveda, it is indicated in mental weakness, anxiety, skin disorders, and fever. It is a memory vitalizer and nervine tonic. Brahmi is adaptogenic, astringent, diuretic, sedative, potent nervine tonic, anti-anxiety agent, and improves mental functions. It is used in insanity, epilepsy, bronchitis, asthma and diarrhea. Brahmi is chiefly used in mental disorders as brain tonic.
4) Calamus / Acorus calamus, is hypotensive, tranquilizer, sedative, anticonvulsant, and antianxiety. It is used as dietary supplements for the brain and neurological activity. It is an important stimulant for the brain, nerves and senses. It aids in the recovery of the power of speech and perception after strokes. It is heating in nature and reduces phlegm and Ama.
5) Tagar / Indian Valerian / Valeriana wallichii, is a sedative and indicated in hysteria, nervous problems and emotional troubles.
Unjha Sarpalin Tablet is available in Packing of 30, 100, 500 Tablets.
Benefits of Unjha Sarpalin Tablet
- It reduces high blood pressure.
- It gives relief in stress, depression and irritability.
- It calms the mind.
- It is herbal and safe for long term use.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Unjha Sarpalin Tablet
- Hypertension: State of great psychological stress, repeatedly elevated blood pressure exceeding 140 over 90 mmHg – a systolic pressure above 140 or a diastolic pressure above 90.
- Insomnia: habitual sleeplessness, inability to sleep
- Anxiety: Feeling of worry, nervousness, or unease about something with an uncertain outcome
- Psychosis: Severe mental disorder in which thought and emotions are so impaired that contact is lost with external reality.
Dosage of Unjha Sarpalin Tablet
1 or 2 tablets twice a day after meal with water or milk or as directed by physician. It can be taken along with allopathic medicines.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.