Table of Contents
Singhnad Guggulu is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine. It contains castor oil, Triphala and guggulu as the main ingredient which have strong cleansing action. They remove natural toxins from the joints, blood and gastrointestinal tract. This medicine nourish and strengthen the joint tissue and support their proper function. Singhnad Guggulu promotes healthy digestion and elimination helping to maintain a clean and balanced system.
Singhnad Guggulu is very effective in treatment of arthritis, gout, rheumatism and similar joint conditions. It is also indicated in difficult to treat skin disorders, psoriasis, eczema and mild infections of the upper respiratory tract. It primarily reduces Pitta and Vata doshas.
Other names: Simhanad Guggulu, Simhanada Guggulu
Here is given more about Singhnad Guggulu such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Singhnad Guggulu
Simhanad Guggulu Vati is a preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below with Guggulu as the basic ingredient.
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula P. 48 g
- Bibhitaka Terminalia belerica P. 48 g
- Amalki Emblica officinalis P. 48 g
- Jala for decoction Water 576 ml reduced to 144 ml
- Gandhaka-Shuddha Sulphur 48 g
- Guggulu-Shuddha Commiphora wightii O.R. 48 g
- Eranda Taila Ricinus communis Sd. Oil 30 g
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Method of preparation:
Take all the ingredients of the pharmacopoeial quality. Wash, dry and powder the ingredients numbered 1 to 3 of the formulation composition separately and pass through sieve number 40.
Soak the coarse powder of ingredients numbered 1 to 3 in 4 times of potable water for 12 h. Gently heat the mixture to boil and continue the boiling to reduce the volume of the mixture to one fourth of its original volume.
Stop the boiling and filter while still warm through a muslin cloth. Powder the Gandhaka Shuddha and pass through sieve number 120. Add Eranda Taila to the filtrate (Kvatha) and gently heat to concentrate. Add Shuddha-Gandhaka and Shuddha-Guggulu with continuous stirring to obtain a semi-solid mass of suitable plasticity. Expel the mass through Vati machine fitted with a suitable die and cut the Vatis to a desired weight. Roll the Vatis on flat surface to round them by circular motion of palm covered with a glove and smeared with Eranda Taila or use suitable mechanical device. Dry the rounded Vatis in a tray-dryer at a temperature not exceeding 600 for 12 to 15 h. Pack it in tightly closed containers to protect from light and moisture.
Description: Spherical pills, brownish-black to black in colour with agreeable odour and bitter taste.
Storage: Store in a cool place in tightly closed container, protect from light and moisture.
Benefits of Singhnad Guggulu
Singhnad Guggulu has ingredients which have Ushna/hot (Veerya), Katu/pungent (Vipaka), Ruksha/dry and Snigdha/Unctuous (Guna) properties. Triphala, purified Sulphur, Guggulu and Castor oil have tonic and purifying effects. Triphala is Rasayana, laxative, antioxidant;Guggulu gives relief in inflammation, pain; Gandhaka is Kushthaghna Rasayana. Castor oil and triphala removes accumulated toxins from the body. Singhnad Guggulu has following benefits:
- It has significant cleaning effect.
- It detoxify and rejuvenate the joints.
- It has anti-arthritic, anti-inflammatory, anti-oxidant properties and pain relieving properties.
- It control joint pain. It gives relief in joint swelling, joint stiffness and joint tenderness.
- It helps in better joint movement in arthritis and joint diseases characterized by swelling and pain.
Uses of Singhnad Guggulu
- Singhnad Guggulu is used for treating chronic joint diseases rheumatoid arthritis, gout, skin problems, digestive disorders and many other diseases.
- Amavata (Rheumatoid Arthritis), Vata rakta (gout), limping
- Back pain and cervical spondylitis
- Pangu (paraplegia)
- Gulma (abdominal lump)
- Diseases of abdomen, Dyspepsia, Indigestion, Agnimandya (digestive impairment)
- Vata Roga (disease due to Vata Dosha/neurological disease)
- Kapha Roga (disease due to Kapha Dosha)
- Pitta Roga (disease due to Pitta Dosha)
- Shavas/dyspnoea/asthma), Kasa (cough)
- Shula (pain)
- Senility, Palit (graying of hair)
Dosage of Singhnad Guggulu
1-2 pills twice/thrice a day with water and as suggested by Ayurvedic doctor. You may take this medicine safely for few months.
Where to buy Singhnad guggulu
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (Singhnad Guggulu), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Singhnad Guggul), Gurukul Singhnad Guggul, Shree Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Sinhanad Guggul) and some other pharmacies.