Table of Contents
Sarvajwarahar lauha is herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine for curing fever. This medicine is prepared by taking equal amount of twenty medicinal herbs and mixing with lauh bhasma (equal to cumulative amount of all herbs). All are mixed well by adding water and rolled in to pills of size 250 mg. As the name itself suggest, this medicine is indicated in the treatment of all types of fever such as vaataj, pittaj, visham jwar, Sannipat Jwar, dhatugat jwar etc. As Sarva jwarahar Loha contains lauha bhasma, it is beneficial in treating anemia, weakness, and digestive system disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Sarva jwar har lauha
It is a Lauha Kalpa. Lauha kalpas are those medicines in which the chief ingredient is Loha or iron. For preparing Lauka Kalp the drugs are reduced to fine powder and mixed with Lauha Bhasma. Bhavana is given with prescribed liquids if mentioned.
- Citraka (Rt.) 1 Part
- Haritaki (P.) 1 Part
- Bibhitaka (P.) 1 Part
- Amlaki (P.) 1 Part
- Sunthi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Maricha (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fr.) 1 Part
- Vidanga (Fr.) 1 Part
- Mustaka (Musta) (Rz.) 1 Part
- Sreyasi (gaja pippali) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pippalimula (Pippali) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Ushira (Rt.) 1 Part
- Devadaru (Ht. Wd.) 1 Part
- Kiratatiktaka (Kiratatikta) (Pl.) 1 Part
- Bala (Hrivera) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Katuka (Rt./Rz.) 1 Part
- Kantakarika (Kantakari) (Pl.) 1 Part
- Shobhanjana (Shigru) (Sd.) 1 Part
- Madhuka (Yashti) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Vatsaka (Kutaja) (Sd.) 1 Part
- Lauha bhasma 20 Parts
Benefits of Sarvajwarahar Lauha
- It is useful in the treatment of fever due to any reason.
- It improves hemoglobin level.
- It cures weakness.
- It improves digestive power.
- It has antimicrobial and tonic properties.
- It reduces cough, gives strength and detoxifies the body.
Uses of Sarvajwarahar Lauha
- Sarva Jvara (All types of fevers), Jirnajvara (Chronic fever)
- Aamvaat, Indigestion, Diarrhoea
- Anaemia, Swelling, Weakness
- Pliha Roga (Splenic disease), Yakrit roga (the liver diseases)
- Hridayagra Vridhhi (Ventricular Hypertrophy)
The Dosage of Sarvajwarahar Lauha
1 tablet/250 mg twice a day or as directed by physician.
The Anupan (fluid vehicle or drink with medicine) for this medicine is juice of Paarijat leaves and honey.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Sarvajwarhar Lauh), Dabur (Sarvajwarhar Lauh), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.