Saptavimshatika Guggulu is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine prepared from medicinal herbs and guggulu. Guggulu is gum resin of a tree and has anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. This medicine is useful in treating piles, bhagandar/fistula, cough, pain in chest etc. It has anti-Inflammatory, blood purifying, detoxifying, antioxidant, and antimicrobial activities.
Here is given more about Saptavishanti Guggulu such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Saptvinshati Guggulu
Saptavimishatika Guggulu Vati is a preparation made with the ingredients in formulation composition given below with Guggulu as the basic ingredient.
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale Rz. 1 part
- Marica Piper nigrum Fr. 1 part
- Pippali Piper longum Fr. 1 part
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula P. 1 part
- Bibhitaka Terminalia belerica P. 1 part
- Amalki Emblica officinalis P. 1 part
- Kushtha Saussurea lappa Rt. 1 part
- Vidanga Embelia ribes Fr. 1 part
- Amrita (Guduci) Tinospora cordifolia St. 1 part
- Citraka Plumbago zeylanica Rt. 1 part
- Shati Hedychium spicatum Rz. 1 part
- Ela (Sukshmaila) Elettaria cardamomum Sd. 1 part
- Pippali Piper longum Rt. 1 part
- Havusha (Hapusha) Juniperus communis Fr. 1 part
- Suradaru (Devadara) Cedrus deodara Ht. Wd. 1 part
- Tumburu (Tejovati) Zanthoxylum aromaticum Fr. 1 part
- Pushkara Saussurea lappa Rt. 1 part
- Cavya Piper chaba St. 1 part
- Vishala (Rakta Indravaruni) Citrullus colocynthis Rt. 1 part
- Haridra Curcuma longa Rz. 1 part
- DaruHaridra Berberis aristata St. 1 part
- Vida Lavana 1 part
- Sauvarcala Lavana 1 part
- Yavakshara (Yava) Hordeum vulgare Water soluble ash of Pl. 1 part
- Sarjika Kshara (Svarji Kshara) 1 part
- Saindhava Lavana 1 part
- GajaPippali Scindapsus officinalis Fr. 1 part
- Guggulu-Shuddha Commiphora wightii O.R. 54 parts
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Method of preparation:
Take all the ingredients of the pharmacopoeial quality. Wash, dry and powder the ingredients numbered 1 to 21 and 27 of the formulation composition separately and pass through sieve numbered 85. Powder the ingredients numbered 22 to 26 of the formulation composition separately and pass through sieve number 85. Weigh them all separately in the required quantities and mix.
Crush weighed quantity of Shuddha-Guggulu, add fine powder of other mixed ingredients to it and pound well. Add Ghrita in small quantity at regular intervals for smooth pounding and continue pounding till a semi-solid uniformly mixed mass of suitable plasticity is obtained.
Expel the mass through Vati machine fitted with a suitable die and cut the Vatis to a desired weight. Roll the Vatis on flat surface to round them by circular motion of palm covered with a glove and smeared with Ghrita or use suitable mechanical device.
Dry the rounded Vatis in a tray-dryer at a temperature not exceeding 600 for 8 to 10 h. Pack it in a tightly closed container to protect from light and moisture.
Description: Dark brown spherical pills with spicy pleasant odour, salty, bitter and astringent taste.
Storage: Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container. Protect from light and moisture
Uses of Saptavinshati Guggulu
- Saptavinshati Guggulu is especially useful in the treatment of piles, fistula, non-healing wounds and ulcers.
- Angina pectoris, Pain in heart and ribs, Pain in pelvic
- Pain in the mouth, pain in anus
- Kasa/cough, Shvasa/asthma, Nadivrana (sinus)
- ParshvaShula (inter costal neuralgia)
- Ashmari (calculus), Mutrakricchra (dysuria), PraMeha (increased frequency and turbidity of urine)
- Hernia, Worm infestation/Intestinal parasites
- Apasmara (epilepsy), Unmada (psychosis)
- Anaha (distension of abdomen)
- Kushtha (skin diseases), Dushtavrana (non-healing ulcer)
- Shlipada (filariasis)
- Piles, Fistula, Gives relief in pain and symptoms of piles
The Dosage of Saptavinshati Guggulu
- The recommended dosage of Saptavishanti Guggulu is 2-4 tablets, twice a day.
- Take this medicine with honey followed by Manjishthadi kwath.
- Or take as directed by physician.
Where to buy Saptvinshati Guggulu
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (Baidyanath Saptavinshati Guggul), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Saptvishanti Guggul) and some other pharmacies.