Table of Contents
Punarnavadi Mandur is herbal-metallic Ayurvedic formulation in which main ingredients are Mandur Bhasma and Punarnava. It is processed in Gou-mutra. This medicine is used to treat iron deficiency and the liver-spleen disorders. It is especially useful in curing Shoth (inflammation).
It is a Mandoor Kalp. Mandura Kalpa are the Shodhita Mandura (iron) containing herbomineral formulations of Ayurveda. Mandura is the combination of Ferric Oxide (59.14%), Ferrous Oxide (26.7%), Chlorides (4.4%), Magnesium (3.9%), Sodium (1.7%) and few bother trace elements.
For preparing Mandura Kalp, first Mandura is purified by as per Ayurveda. It is boiled in Gomutra till it becomes a paste. Then the powders mentioned in the yogas are added and stirred well. While warm, Vatakas are prepared. This can be kept in powder form also. Mandura Kalp emit a strong smell of Gomutra and are dark in color. These preserve their potency indefinitely. These should be kept away from moisture.
Punarnavadi Mandura (Tablet) is a compressed tablet preparation made with the ingredients in the formulation composition given below.
- Punarnava (Rakta Punarnava) Boerhaavia diffusa Rt. 48 g
- Trivrit Ipomea turpethum Rt. 48 g
- Shunthi Zingiber officinale Rz. 48 g
- Marica Piper nigrum Fr. 48 g
- Pippali Piper longum Fr. 48 g
- Vidanga Embelia ribes Fr. 48 g
- Daru ( Devadaru) Cedrus deodara Ht. Wd. 48 g
- Chitraka Plumbago zeylanica Rt. 48 g
- Kushtha Saussurea lappa Rt. 48 g
- Haridra Curcuma longa Rz. 48 g
- Daruharidra Berberis aristata St. 48 g
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula P. 48 g
- Amalaki Emblica officinalis P. 48 g
- Bibhitaka Terminalia bellirica P. 48 g
- Danti Baliospermum montanum Rt. 48 g
- Chavya Piper chaba St. 48 g
- Kalingaka (Indrayava) Holarrhena antidysenterica Sd. 48 g
- Pippali Piper longum Fr. 48 g
- Pippalimula (Pippali) Piper longum St. 48 g
- Musta (Musta) Cyperus rotundus Rz. 48 g
- Mandura ( Mandura Bhasma) Calcined Mandura 1.920 kg
- Gomutra Cow urine 6.144
Method of preparation:
Take all the ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
Treat Mandura to prepare Mandura Bhasma.
Wash, clean, dry the ingredients numbered 1 to 15 of the formulation composition, powder separately and pass through 180 μm I. S. sieve (sieve number 85) to obtain a fine powder and mix them all to a homogeneous mixture.
Strain Gomutra through a muslin cloth. Add Gomutra to Mandura Bhasma, heat in a stainless steel container stirring continuously and observe the mixture for formation of a thick paste. Stop the heating and allow to cool to 500.
Add mixture of fine powders and mix thoroughly to prepare a homogeneous lumpy mass (dough). Allow to cool.
Pass the dough through a granulator to obtain granules and add 0.5 percent of talc powder as lubricant. Subject the granules to compression in a tablet punching machine. Store tablets in containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container, protect from light and moisture.
- It cures Iron deficiency anemia. It is safe and effective Iron preparations.
- It protects the liver.
- It does not cause constipation.
- It gets easily absorbed in the body.
- It is light for digestion.
- It enhances digestive fire (Deepan).
- It improves appetite and digestion.
- It is processed in go-mutra which is scientifically proven to treat wide variety of diseases. Cow urine is a proved bio enhancer.
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Fluid retention associated with anemia
- Kamala (jaundice)
- Bleeding disorders
- Splenomegaly (enlargement of the spleen)
- Hepatomegaly (Enlargement of the liver)
- Haemorrhoids or Piles
1-2 tablets 2 to 3 times a day with Punarnavasava/ Kumari Asava/ Ghee/ Buttermilk/ lukewarm water or as directed by the Physician. Please do not eat curd and salt while on treatment.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Punarnawadi Mandur Tablet), Dabur (Punarnava Mandoor), Zandu (Zandu Punarnava Mandur), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Punarnavadi Mandur), Planet Ayurveda (Punarnava Mandur), Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Punarnava Mandoora), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.