Pradarantak Lauh is herbomineral Ayurvedic medicine. It is Lauha Kalp of Ayurveda. Lauha kalpas are defined as preparations of Lauha Bhasma as main ingredient added to other drugs. Lauh Kapl are prepared by mixing the powder of other ingredients to Lauha Bhasma. Processing or Bhavna, is given if prescribed.
Pradarantak Lauh is referenced from Bhaishajyaratnavali, Stri-rogadhikara. It is indicated in treatment of Pradar.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Pradarantak Lauha
Pradarantak Lauh is Lauha Kalp of Ayurveda. Lauha Kalp contain Lauha bhasma or calx of iron as main ingredient along with other herbal and mineral ingredients. These Ayurvdic formulation use ‘Lauha’ as suffix.
- Lauha bhasma 1 Part
- Tamra bhasma 1 Part
- Haritala bhasma 1 Part
- Vanga bhasma 1 Part
- Abhra (Abhraka) bhasma 1 Part
- Varatika (Kapardika) bhasma 1 Part
- Sunthi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Marica (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fr.) 1 Part
- Haritaki (P.) 1 Part
- Bibhitaka (P.) 1 Part
- Amalaki (P.) 1 Part
- Citra (Eranda) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Vidanga (Fr.) 1 Part
- Saindhava lavana 1 Part
- Samudra Lavana 1 Part
- Vida Lavana 1 Part
- Sauvarcala Lavana 1 Part
- Audbhida Lavana 1 Part
- Cavika (Cavya) (St.) 1 Part
- Pippali (Fr.) 1 Part
- Shankha bhasma 1 Part
- Vaca (Rz.) 1 Part
- Havusha (Hapusha) (Fr.) 1 Part
- Pakala (Kushtha) (Rt.) 1 Part
- Shati (Rz.) 1 Part
- Patha (Rt./Pl.) 1 Part
- Devadaru (Ht. Wd.) 1 Part
- Ela (Sukshmaila) (Sd.) 1 Part
- Vrddhadaraka (vriddhadaruka) (St.) 1 Part
Special Method of Preparation
Rasamanikya may be used in place of Haritala bhasma.
Benefits of Pradarantak Lauha
- It cures female disorders and anemia.
- It gives strength to uterus and ovary.
- It gives relief in abnormal discharge from vagina, low appetite, digestive impairment, pain in vagina, lower back and pelvic.
- It contains Triphala (Amla + Harad + Baheda) and Trikatu (Sonth + Kali Mirch + Pippali) due to which it is effective in digestive and respiratory disorders.
Uses of Pradarantak Lauha
Pradarantak Lauha is indicated in treatment of variety of diseases. Its chief indication is Pradar.
What is Pradar Rog?
Pradar means abnormal discharge from vagina. It includes Shwet pradar and Rakta pradar.
Shwet pradar is leucorrhoea or white discharge. Leucorrhoea is defined as a whitish or yellowish discharge of mucus from the vagina. It can be broadly divided into physiologic leucorrhea which occur due to estrogen stimulation (in puberty, pregnancy) and inflammatory leucorrhea which occur due to certain infection. Leucorrhea that occurs due to infection should be treated using medicines.
- Rakta pradar means abnormal bleeding from vagina and includes menorrhagia and metrorrhagia.
- Pradara (Excessive vaginal discharge)
- Agnimandya (Digestive impairment)
- Shularoga (Gastric ulcer/Duodenal ulcer/Colic),
- Pandu (Anaemia)
- Kukshishula (Pelvic pain), Kati Shula (Lower backache), Yonishula (Pain in female genital tract)
- Aruci (Tastelessness), Shvasa (Dyspnoea/Asthma), Kasa (Cough)
- Karishya (Emaciation), Daurbalya (Weakness)
Dosage of Pradarantak Lauha
1 tablet twice a day, in morning and evening with honey, ghee and mishri or as directed by the Physician.
This medicine is manufactured by Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (Pradarantak Lauh), Dabur (Pradarantak La