Mouthwash or rinses are part of oral hygiene to get rid of bacteria responsible for oral and gum problems, cavities, plaque formation and tooth decay.
Table of Contents
Neem mouthwash is herbal preparation from neem twig and leaves. This preparation has antigingivitis, antiplaque, antiseptic and ani-inflamma tory activities.
Benefits of Neem Mouthwash
- Antibacterial, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and astringent
- Effective in preventing dental plaque and tartar formation
- Destroys cavity causing bacteria
- Reverses some of the pits and fissures that can progress to cavities
- Gives relief in gingivitis, periodontitis
How to Prepare Neem Mouthwash
- Take handful of neem leaves and small twig.
- Crush in mortar and pestle.
- Add in boiling water (3 cups).
- Cook at low flame for 10-20 minutes to extract active ingredients.
How to use Neem Mouthwash
Use this mouthwash in lukewarm condition to rinse mouth.
If you are using Neem mouthwash to cure oral problems then it is recommended to rinse your mouth regularly twice a day.