Guava Mouthwash or rinses are part of oral hygiene to get rid of bacteria responsible for oral and gum problems, cavities, plaque formation and tooth decay.
Guava mouthwash is a herbal preparation from leaves of guava tree. Guava leaves contain bioactive compounds saponins, tannins, flavonoids and alkaloids. The presence of these compounds make guava mouthwash highly effective in curing oral problems. You can use this herbal mouthwash few times a day to cure bleeding gums, mouth ulcers and tooth aches.
Uses of Guava Mouthwash
- Antiseptic and astringent
- Kills bacteria
- Effective in toothaches
- Beneficial in gum swelling, pyorrhoea, bleeding gums
- Gives relief in sore throat, mouth sores
- Reduces pain and causes faster healing of ulcers
- Easy to prepare and natural without any side effect
How to make Guava Mouthwash
- Take fresh tender guava leaves (1 cup). Wash to clean dirt.
- Crush the leaves in mortar and pestle.
- Add these leaves in boiling water (3 cups).
- Cook at low flame for 15 minutes to extract active compounds of leaves.
- Use this mouthwash in lukewarm condition to rinse mouth.
If you are using guava mouthwash to cure oral problems then it is recommended to rinse your mouth few times a day and for a week.