Cystone is an Ayurvedic herbal medicine from Himalaya Drug Company. It is a herbal medicine containing antimicrobial, diuretic, antilithiatic and lithotriptic natural ingredients. This medicine is indicated in the treatment and preventaion of the urinary calculi. Cystone is available as tablets and syrup.
Few studies done on Cystone suggest, it is an effective herbal medicine for management of renal calculi.
If someone is suffering from recurring stone formation then he/she should try this medicine.
There is no known adverse side effect of this medicine when taken in prescribed manner.
Benefits of Himalaya Cystone
- It normalizes urinary pH and alleviates burning during urination.
- It has anti-lithiatic (prevents the formation of, or relieves the symptoms of the kidney stones) and lithotriptic (dissolves the stones) properties.
- It prevents the accumulation, deposition and supersaturation of calculi forming chemicals like oxalic acid and calcium hydroxyproline in urine.
- It has diuretic (promoting excretion of urine/agent that increases the amount of urine excreted.) action which helps to flush out small stones from kidney.
- It has antimicrobial, demulcent, anti-inflammatory properties that helps to combat infection and sooths the bladder.
Therapeutic Uses of Cystone
- For the treatment and prevention of the kidney stone/urolithiasis
- Prevention recurrence of stones
- Treatment of crystals in urine
- In other urinary problems
- Chronic urinary tract infection
- Irritation or swelling of the urethra
- Burning urination
- Hyperuricemia (gout)
Ingredients in Himalaya Cystone tablet and Syrup
Each Cystone tablet contains:
- Shilapuspha (Didymocarpus pedicellata) 130mg
- Pasanabheda (Saxifraga ligulata Syn. Bergenia ligulata/ ciliata) 98mg
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) 32mg
- Nagaramusta (Cyperus scariosus) 32mg
- Apamarga (Achyranthes aspera) 32mg
- Gojiha (Onosma bracteatum) 32mg
- Sahadevi (Vernonia cinerea) 32mg
- Shilajeet (Purified) 26mg
- Hajrul yahood bhasma 32mg
Each 5ml of Cystone syrup contains:
- Gokshura (Tribulus terrestris) 91mg
- Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) 67mg
- Manjishtha (Rubia cordifolia) 32mg
- Pasanabheda (Saxifraga ligulata Syn. Bergenia ligulata/ ciliata) 53mg
- Mustaka (Cyperus rotundus) 42mg
- Kulattha (Dolichos biflorus) 21mg
- Shatavari Trikatu 20mg
- Ushira (Vetiveria zizanioides) 21mg
- Karchura (Curcuma zedoaria) 14mg
- Saindhava 50mg
- Suvarchika 42.5mg
- Yavakshara 5mg
- Narasara 2.5mg
Gokshura/Gokhru/Trikantak is a well-known medicinal plant of Ayurveda used in the treatment of the urinary disorders, kidney diseases, and diseases of the genito-urinary system, kidney stones, bladder infection and impotence. It has cooling, diuretic, tonic, and aphrodisiac properties.
Gokhru promotes general urinary tract health by eliminating dysuria (painful urination or blood present in urine) and crystalluria.
Pasanabheda, means one that breaks stone (Pashan=stone;Bheda= to break). This medicinal plant has antimicrobial, demulcent and diuretic properties.
Shilapushpa is a Himalayan herb used for renal afflictions. It has antimicrobial, nephroprotective, lithotriptic (dissolve kidney stones) and anti-lithiatic (prevents the formation of the urinary stones) property.
Apamarga (Achyranthes aspera) has laxative, diuretic, and blood purifying property.
Gojihva/Gaozaban is useful in the treatment of the kidney stones.
Punarnava has diuretic, antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory properties. It is useful in the treatment of the liver diseases, urinary tract infections and nephritic syndrome.
Manjishtha has blood detoxifier, antibacterial and diuretic properties. It is used in the treatment of the liver diseases and gall stone.
The Dosage of Himalaya Cystone
One can take 2 tablets 2-3 times daily with water but it is better to consult an Ayurvedic doctor.
You can buy this medicine online or form medical stores.