Table of Contents
Narasimha Churnam is poly-herbal Ayurvedic churna or powder prepared from medicinal herbs such as Shatavari, Gokhru, Giloy, Shuddha Bhilava, Trikatu etc. This powder is excellent aphrodisiac and promotes strength. It is a tonic or Rasayan and useful in all ailments. Its intake improves general health.
This powder is useful in curing anemia, liver problem, cough, semen problem, skin problems and many other clinical conditions.
Ingredients of Narasimha Churna
- Shatavari शतावरी Asparagus racemosus Rt. Tr. 768 g
- Gokshura गोखरू Tribulus terrestris Fr. 768 g
- Varahi Dioscorea bulbifera Rz. 960 g
- Guduci Tinospora cordifolia St. 1.200 kg
- Bhallataka (Shuddha) Semecarpus anacardium Fr. 1.536 kg
- Citraka Plumbago zeylanica Rt. 480 g
- Tila तिल Sesamum indicum Sd. 768 g
- Shunthi सोंठ Zingiber officinale Rz. 128 g
- Marica काली मिर्च Piper nigrum Fr. 128 g
- Pippali पिप्पली Piper longum Fr. 128 g
- Sharkara Cane Sugar चीनी 3.360 kg
- Makshika (Madhu शहद) Honey 1.680 kg
- Ghrita घी (Goghrita गो-घृत) Clarified butter from cow’s milk 840 g
- Vidari kanda विदारी कंद Pueraria tuberose Rt. Tr. 768 g
Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Methods of preparation
Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality. Treat Bhallataka to prepare Bhallataka Shuddha. Wash and dry the ingredients numbered 1 to 4, 6 to 10 and 14, powder individually in a pulverizer. The powders should completely pass through sieve number 44 and not less than 50 per cent through sieve number 85. Weigh separately each ingredient, mix together and pass through sieve number 44 to obtain a homogenous blend. Add Madhu and Ghrita to the mixture and mix thoroughly till it spreads evenly to give a moist granular powder. Store the Churna in a ceramic jar smeared with ghee in its inner surface.
Description: Brown-coloured, moist, granular powder, slightly pungent to taste with the characteristic smell of Bhallataka.
Storage: Store the Churna in a ceramic jar smeared with ghee on its inner surface and protect from light and moisture.
Uses of Narasimha Churnam
- Cough, coryza, pulmonary tuberculosis, phlegm diseases
- Semen deficiency or oligospermia
- Skin diseases, wrinkling, leprosy
- Premature hair greying, alopecia (baldness)
- Anaemia, chronic rhinitis
- Gout, sciatica
- Fistula-in-anus or bhagandar, arsha (piles)
- Mutrakricha or dysuria, chronic obstructive jaundice
Dosage of Narasimha Choornam
Take 3-6 gram of churna in morning.
This medicine should be taken with 6 gram go-ghrita mixed with 12 gram honey.