Tamalaki or bhui amla (Phyllanthus fraternus Webster) is annual herbaceous medicinal plant used to treat bronchial asthma , diabetes, dysentery, fever, flu, jaundice, viral hepatitis and some other diseases. Its various parts are used in preparation of many Ayurvedic medicines.This plant is considered analgesic, digestive, carminative, laxative and hepatoprotective.
Bhumiamla some other names are
Bhumi amla is now cultivated in many part of world and you can find it in many stores and online. You can also find it in monsoon season sufficiently in many parts of India like Punjab, Uttar Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra and Sikkim as a weed.
Here are some medicinal uses of Bhui Amla plant
- For Jaundice and other liver related problems, Dry Bhui amla fruits in shade. Now grind them and take 10 gms of it in 400 ml water. Boil this mixture till water reduces to 100 ml. Filter this decoction. Give 50 ml of this to patient twice a day empty stomach.
- Grind 10 gm of its root and give it with 250 ml milk every morning and evening empty stomach for liver fitness.
- Inflammative ulcer, wound tie paste of its leaves prepared in water on the ulcer.
- On Itching make paste of leaves, mix salt and apply on affected area.
- In Chronic diarrhoea take whole plant of bhui amla. Wash it to remove dirt. Now boil 50 gm of plant in 400 ml water till it reduces to 100 ml. Add 5 gm fenugreek seeds in it. Give little amount of the decoction to the patient.
- For Abdominal pain boil 20 gm leaves in 200 ml water. Filter the solution and give in little amounts.
- For Ascites, urine related disorders crush 100 gm leaves in 250 ml milk and give this milk to the patient.
- In diabetes take bhui amla plant and dry in shade. Grind it to make powder. Give 15 gm powder with 20 black peppers 2-3 times a day.
- In Swelling of breasts make paste of bhui amla plant and apply.
- To treat Bronchitis, bronchial asthma, coughs boil 50 gms of the entire plant in 500 ml water till it is reduced to 125 ml. Give 1 teaspoon to patient
twice a day.
- To treat Syphilis give 1 teaspoonful juice with cumin seeds and sugar.
Make sure you are using authentic herb.