Table of Contents
Mahasudarshan Churna is a classical Ayurvedic medicine. It is used in treatment of fever due to various reasons. It promotes perspiration and excretion of urine. It is an ideal remedy for all type of fevers and malaria. It is also used for diseases of liver and spleen.
Mahasudarshan Churna removes toxins from the blood. It improves appetite and digestion. It has antimalarial, antipyretic, antiviral and antidiabetic properties. It boosts immunity and protects against common bacterial infections. It has antioxidant properties and helps to recover from infections.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Mahasudarshan Churna
Swertia chirata (50%) along with other 49 Ingredients (remaining 50%) Triphala, Haridra, Daruharidra, Kantakari, Brhati, Karcura, Sunthi, Marica, Pippali, Murva, Guduchi, Dhanvayasa, Katuka, Parpata, Musta, Trayamanag, Hrivera, Nimba (chhal), Puskara, Yasti, Kutaja, Yavani, Indrayava, Bharang, Sigru, Saurastri, Vaca, Tvak, Padmaka, Svetacandana, Ativisa, Bala, Salaparn, Prsniparni, Vidanga, Tagara, Citraka, Devadaru, Cavya, Patola, Lavanga, Vamsa, Kamala, Ashwagantha, Tejapatra, Jatiphala Sthauneya, Vidarikand, kiratatikta.
Swertia chirata is a bitter medicinal plant indigenous to Himalayas in India, Nepal and Bhutan. It is known as kirata Tikta, Nidrari, Ramasenka, kairata (Sanskrit), Chiravata (urdu), Qasabuzzarirah (Arabic, Farsi) and Chiretta (trade name). For medicinal properties whole plant is used. It has hepatoprotective, digestive, astringent, laxative, anti-inflammatory and anti-malarial properties.
Chiretta is indicated in chronic fever, diarrhea, anemia, liver disorders and bronchial asthma.
It has antipyretic, anthelmintic, antiperiodic, cathartic, laxative, and carminative properties. It has considerable antipyretic and analgesic effects.
Benefits of Mahasudarshan Churna
- It balances Vata-Pitta-Kapha.
- It improves immunity to fight infections.
- It has antibacterial and antiviral properties.
- It is useful in all types of fever.
- It has diuretic properties and promotes urine secretion.
- It has antimicrobial, antimalarial, antipyretic, antiviral and antidiabetic properties.
- It is an excellent remedy for the complication associated with fever, liver enlargement, spleen, fatigue and nausea, etc.
- It has reported antibacterial activity against S. typhi, S. epidermidis, E. coli, S. aureus, K. pneumoniae, P. vulgaris and P. aeruginosa. It is useful to control infectious diseases such as typhoid fever, intestinal infection, urinary tract infections and respiratory infection which are caused by these bacterial pathogens.
- It can be used as preventive and supportive medicine during epidemic of malaria.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Mahasudarshan Churna
All types of fever including bone fever, fever due to common cold, viral fever, malaria etc.
- All type of chronic fever
- Enlargement of liver and spleen
- Malaria, swine flu
- Cough, cold, breathing problems
- Dyspepsia and loss of appetite
- Fatigue and nausea
Dosage of Mahasudarshan Churna
3 to 6 gram to be taken twice or thrice a day with water after meals or as directed by physician.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Mahasudarshan Churna), Dabur (Maha Sudarshan Churna), Zandu (Maha Sudarshan Churna), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.