Table of Contents
Mahatriphala Ghrita is an Ayurvedic medicated ghee which is prepared by processing many herbs in cow ghee. It is very useful for treating eye diseases. It can be consumed with milk and externally applied in eyes.
Triphala consists of three herbs, Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica and Emblica officinalis. It has rejuvenating, adaptogenic, cardioprotective, anti-diabetic, anti-obesity, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and neuroprotective activities.
Maha Triphladi Ghrit has an antioxidantactivities. It is very useful in cataract. This medicated ghee prevents and delays progression of cataract.
Here is given more about Mahatriphaladi Ghrita such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Mahatriphala Ghrita
Mahatriphaladya Ghrita is a medicated semisolid preparation made with the ingredients in the formulation composition given below, with Ghrita as the basic ingredient.
Triphala Rasa (Triphala) Kvatha 768 ml
- Terminalia belerica P.
- Terminalia chebula P.
- Emblica officinalis P.
- Bhringa Rasa (Bhringaraja) Eclipta alba Pl. 768 ml
- Vrisha Rasa (Vasa) Adhatoda vasica Lf. 768 ml
- Shatavari Rasa (Shatavari) Asparagus racemosus Rt. Tr. 768 ml
- Aja Kshira Goat Milk 768 ml
- Guduci Rasa (Guduci) Tinospora cordifolia St. 768 ml
- Amalki Rasa Emblica officinalis P. 768 ml
- Kana (Pippali) Piper longum Fr. 8.72 g
- Sita Sugar candy 8.72 g
- Draksha Vitis vinifera Dr. Fr. 8.72 g
- Haritaki Terminalia chebula P. 8.72 g
- Bibhitaka Terminalia belerica P. 8.72 g
- Amalki Emblica officinalis P. 8.72 g
- Nilotpala (Utpala) Nymphmia stellata Fl. 8.72 g
- Yashtimadhu Glycyrrhiza glabra Rt. 8.72 g
- Kshirakakoli Fritillaria roylei Sub. Rt. 8.72 g
- Mudhuparni (Guduci) Tinospora cordifolia St. 8.72 g
- Nidigdhika (Kantakari) Solanum xanthocarpum Pl. 8.72 g
- Ghrita (Goghrita गो-घृत) Clarified butter from Cow’s milk 768 g
- Lf.=Leaf;P.=Pericarp;Rt.=Root;Fr.=Fruit;Rz.=Rhizome;Sd.= Seeds;St.=Stem;St. Bk.= Stem Bark;Fl. Bd.=Flower Bud.
Method of preparation
Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality. Take fresh Bhringaraja, Shatavari, Guduci and Amalki and wash thoroughly with water. Grind and filter with muslin cloth to obtain Svarasa.
Take fresh Vasa leaves and obtain juice by Putapaka method. Soak the coarse Triphala powder in potable water in the specified ratio for overnight, boil it till the volume is reduced to one fourth of its original volume, cool the Kvatha and filtered through a muslin cloth. Treat Ghrita to prepare Murcchita Ghrita. Wash, dry the ingredients number 8 to 18 of the formulation composition, powder separately and pass through sieve number 85. Transfer the powdered ingredients to the wet grinder and grind with a sufficient quantity of water to prepare a homogenous blend (Kalka Dravya). Take Murcchita Ghrita in a stainless steel vessel and heat to make it moisture free.
Add increments of Kalka, stir thoroughly while adding Triphala Kvatha, Bhringaraja, Shatavari, Guduci, Amalki and Vasa Svarasa in the specified ratio. Heat with constant stirring maintaining the temperature between 500 and 900 during the first hour of heating. Stop heating and allow to stand overnight.
Start the heating next day and observe the boiling mixture for subsidence of froth and constantly check the Kalka for the formation of Varti (Madhyamapaka Lakshana). Expose the Ghrita and Varti to flame and confirm the absence of crackling sound indicating absence of moisture. Stop heating when the Kalka forms a Varti and the froth subsides. Filter while hot (about 800) through a muslin cloth and allow to cool. Pack it in a tightly closed glass containers to protect from light and moisture.
Description: low melting Ghrita, greenish cream in colour, unctuous to touch, no specific odour and taste bitter.
Storage: Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container, protect from light and moisture.
Benefits of Mahatriphala Ghrita
- It is useful in all diseases of eyes.
- It improves vision.
- It is excellent eye toner.
- It regulates intra ocular pressure and reduces infections.
- It delays degenerative diseases of the eye.
- It is a digestive and appetizer.
Therapeutic Uses of Maha Triphala Ghrita
Mahatriphala Ghrita is medicated ghee used in the treatment of all diseases of eyes. It helps to improve the vision and the function of the eyes.
- Night blindness, Diminished vision
- Eye pain, Itching in eyes
- Myopia or Short Sighted
- Hypermetropia (Hyperopia) or Long Sighted
- Dry eye
- Computer vision disorder
- Growth in the layers of eyes
- Diminished vision
Dosage and how to use Maha Triphala Ghrita?
It is used both internally and externally.
Internally, ½ to 1 spoonful (6 to 12gm) with an equal quantity of Mishri powder in a glass of water, twice a day.
Where to buy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is clinically proven and really effective in eye treatment.
This medicine is manufactured by Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan (Maha Triphala Ghrit), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Maha triphaladi Ghrit), Sri Sri Ayurveda (Mahatriphaladya Ghrita), Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (Mahatraiphala Ghritam) and some other pharmacies.