Brahmi Ghrita is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated ghee containing Brahmi (Bacopa monneri), Vacha (Acorus calamus), Kushtha (Sassurea lappa), Shankhapushpi (Convolvulos pluricalis), Trikatu and other herbs in cow ghee. In Ayurveda Brahmi (Bacoppa monniera) is considered an agent which stimulates and nourishes brain. It is used to improve memory and curing various brain related diseases. Brahmi is a proven nootropic (cognitive enhancer) agent.
Brahmi Ghrita improves mental functions such as cognition, memory, intelligence, motivation, attention, and concentration. It is very useful for people suffering from epilepsy as treatment of epilepsy causes adverse effect on memory and other mental functions. If one takes Brahmi Ghrita while on treatment of epilepsy it helps to maintain normal brain function.
Brahmi is known and clinically proven brain tonic and one can use Brahmi Ghrita for improving general health.
Brahmi Ghrita is recommended in the management of various psychological disorders like Unmada (Insanity), Apasmara (epilepsy), hysteria etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Brahmi Ghrita
- Brahmi svarasa (Brahmi) (Pl.) 1.536 l
- Ghrta (Goghrita) 768 g
- Shunthi (Rz.) 12 g
- Marica (Fr.) 12 g
- Pippali (Fr.) 12 g
- Shyama (Trivrt) (Rt.) 12 g
- Trivrt (Shveta trivrt) (Rt.) 12 g
- Danti (Rt.) 12 g
- Shankapushpi (Pl.) 12 g
- Nrpadruma (Aragvadha) (Fr.P.) 12 g
- Saptala (Pl.) 12 g
- Krmihara (Vidanga) (Fr.) 12 g
Benefits of Brahmi Ghrita
- It is alterative, brain tonic, sedative and nervine tonic.
- It is medhya Rayasana (neurotonic).
- It improves intellect, memory, learning ability, concentration and other brain functions.
- It improves speech and cures hoarseness of voice and other speech related issues.
- It treats learning and memory disorders.
- It lowers Serum Urea and Serum creatinine in dose dependent manner.
- It is very nutritious.
- It cures internal dryness.
- It improves weight, luster, and digestion.
- It gives relief from constipation.
- It gives strength to brain, nerves, eyes, rectum and other body organs.
- It balance Pitta and Vata disorder.
- It nourishes gastrointestinal mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
Uses of Brahmi Ghrita
- Apasmara (Epilepsy) Psychiatric disorders
- Brain tonic, Improves memory
- Cognitive problems
- Mental Diseases
- Mental retardation
- Sleep disorders
- Impairment of speech and voice
- Speech problem
- Skin diseases
Dosage of Brahmi Ghrita
Adult:½ to 1 teaspoonful (6 to 12 gm);Children:2-5 grams with mishri and lukewarm milk twice a day.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
People suffering from obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure, Diabetics, high cholesterol should use this medicine with precaution.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Brahmi Ghrit), Rasashram (Bramhi Ghrita), Nagarjun Pharmaceuticals, (Brahmi Ghritam), Nagarjuna (Brahmi Ghrutham), Arya Vaidya Sala (Brahmi Ghritam), AVP (Brahmi Gritham), Atrey (Brahmi Ghrit), and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.