Kottamchukkadi Thailam is poly-herbal Ayurvedic medicated oil. This oil or taila is useful in arthritis, rheumatic complaints, pain swelling inflammation, stiffness, numbness and similar conditions. In Kottamchukkadi Thailam, the base is vegetable oil or sesame oil. The medicinal herbs such as Kuth, Sonth, Vacha are processed in the base oil. It is used as massaging oil and in various Ayurvedic treatment processes like Abhyangam, Pichu, Kativasti etc. The oil has anti-inflammatory activity due to which it gives relief in pain, stiffness, and inflammation.
Here is given more about Kottamchukkadi Thailam such as indication/therapeutic uses, Key Ingredients and how to use.
Ingredients of Kottamchukkadi Thailam
Reference text Sahasrayoga, Tailaprakarana
- Kottam ( Kushtha) (Rt.) 21.0 g
- Cukku ( shunthi) (Rz.) 21.0 g
- Vayambu (Vaca) (Rz.) 21.0 g
- Shigru (St. Bk.) 21.0 g
- Lashuna (Bl.) 21.0 g
- Kartotti (Himsra) (Rt.) 21.0 g
- Devadruma ( Devadaru) (Ht. Wd.) 21.0 g
- Siddhartha (Sarshapa) (Sd.) 21.0 g
- Suvaha (Rasna) (Rt./Lf.) 21.0 g
- Tilaja ( Tila) (Ol.) 768 g
- Dadhi (Godadhi) 768 g
- Cincha rasa (Cincha) Tamarind (Lf.) 3.072 g
Uses of Kottamchukkadi Thailam
- All types of rheumatic complaints
- Low back pain
- Pain, swelling, inflammation of joinst
- Neuro-muscular pains
How to use Kottamchukkadi Thailam
This is for external use ONLY. Apply on affected areas and massage gently.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Pankajakasthuri Herbals India (Kottamchukkadi Thailam), Kairali Products (Kottamchukkadi Thailam), Arya Vaidya Sala (Kottamchukkadi Tailam), AVP (Kottamchukkadi Thailam), Vaidyaratnam (Kottamchukkadi Thailam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.