In Ayurveda Bhasma is calcined preparation of metals and minerals. These are called Bhasama as processing converts metal to a form which cannot be reverted to its original form. Kasis Bhasma is prepared from Kasis which is mineral of iron. Kasis is ferrous sulphate (FeSO4 7H2o) and is green in color. It is also known as Green vitriol.
Kasis Bhasma has Ushna virya (hot potency), astringent and sour in taste. It has alterative, diuretic and hematinic (stimulates the production of red blood cells or increases the amount of haemoglobin in the blood) action. It is indicated in liver and spleen enlargements, consumption, anemia, skin diseases, eye diseases etc. Kasis Bhasma is especially beneficial in low hemoglobin level and associated disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Kasis Bhasma
Raw Pushpa Kasisa, Bhringaraja Swarasa/Juice
Benefits of Kasisa Bhasma
- It cures anemia.
- It improves blood count.It is good for the eyes.
- It detoxifies the body.
- It balances Kapha and Vata dosha.
- It improves digestion.
- It is useful in diseases of skin, leukoderma, itching, enlargement of the spleen and the liver etc.
- It has antimicrobial property.
- It cures weakness.
- Its topical application on wounds helps in faster healing.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Kasis Bhasma
- Dysmenorrhea, Scanty menstruation
- Eye diseases
- Diarrhea, dysentery
- Chronic fever
- Liver, Spleen enlargement
The Dosage of Kasisa Bhasma
120 mg to 360 mg with honey twice a day. Topical application of Kasis on wounds helps in better healing. It is also applied on eczema and baldness. It is massaged on gums in case of gums problem.
- Intake of Kasis Bhasma can irritate stomach.
- Its excess intake causes nausea, vertigo.
- It is hot in potency and should be taken in the recommended dosage only.
- Do not use in pregnancy.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Kashis Bhasma), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya kasis Bhasma) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.