Table of Contents
Kalyanaka Ghrita is a polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated ghee. It is useful in the treatment of mental and psychological disorders. It improves memory and concentration. Kalyanaka Ghrita is especially useful in epilepsy, hysteria, mental weakness, and schizophrenia. Its use during pregnancy helps in better mental growth of fetus.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
Ingredients of Kalyanaka Ghrita
- Haritaki (P.) 12 g
- Bibhitaka (P.) 12 g
- Amalaki (P.) 12 g
- Vishala (Rakta indravaruni) (Fr.) 12 g
- Bhadraila (Sthulaila) (Sd.) 12 g
- Devadaru (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Elavaluka (St. Bk.) 12 g
- Shveta Sariva (Rt.) 12 g
- Krishna sariva (Rt.) 12 g
- Haridra (Rz.) 12 g
- Daruharidra (St.) 12 g
- Shalaparni (Pl.) 12 g
- Prishniparni (Pl.) 12 g
- Phalini (Priyangu) (Fl.) 12 g
- Nata (Tagara) (Rt./Rz.) 12 g
- Brihati (Pl.) 12 g
- Kushtha (Rt.) 12 g
- Manjishtha (St.) 12 g
- Nagakesara (Nagakeshara) (Stmn.) 12 g
- Dadima -phala tvak (Fr.) 12 g
- Vella (Vidanga) (Fr.) 12 g
- Talishapatra (Talisa) (Lf.) 12 g
- Ela (Sukshmaila) (Sd.) 12 g
- Malati mukula (jati) (Fl.) 12 g
- Utpala (Fl.) 12 g
- Danti (Rt.) 12 g
- Padmaka (Ht. Wd. 12 g
- Hima (Rakta candana) (Ht. Wd.) 12 g
- Sarpi (Goghrita) 768 g
Mahakalyanaka Ghrita, which contains more ingredients is superior to Kalyanaka Ghrita. Maha Kalyanaka Ghrita is prepared from ingredients from Shveta Sariva to Hima (Rakta candana) and following ingredients:
- Dwi Riddhi (Buddhi, Riddhi)
- Dwi Meda (Meda, Mahameda)
- Dwi Kakoli (Kakoli, Kshirakakoli)
- Vishani (Avartani)
- Surpavalli (Mudgaparni, Mashaparni)
- It is therapeutically superior to Kalyanaka Ghrita.
- This medicine is manufactured by Amrita (Mahakalyanaka Ghritam), AVP (MahaKallyanaka Gritham), Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (MahaKalyanaka Ghritam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.
Benefits of Kalyanaka Ghrita
- It is useful medicine for mental and psychological ailments and infertility.
- Its intake during pregnancy helps in better growth of fetus.
- It improves memory and concentration.
- It cures anemia.
- It is very nutritious.
- It cures internal dryness.
- It improves weight, luster, and digestion.
- It gives relief from constipation.
- It gives strength to brain, nerves, eyes, rectum and other body organs.
- It balance Pitta and Vata disorder.
- It nourishes gastrointestinal mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Kalyanaka Ghrita
- Apasmara (Epilepsy)
- Homicidal tendencies
- Anxiety, depression
- Smriti Daurbalya (Weak memory)
- Bhutonmada (Exogenous psychosis)
- Kasa (Cough), coryza,
- Pandu (Anemia)
- Bala Graha (Specific disorders of children)
- Vishavikara (Morbidity due to Poisonous substance),
- Gara Visha (Slow/ accumulated poison)
- Vandhyatva (Infertility), low sperm count
- Yoniroga (Disease of female genital tract)
- Kandu (Itching)
- Shopha (Oedema)
- Meda (Adipose tissue)
- Delusion, Jvara (Fever)
- Daurbalya (Weakness)
- Loss of speech
- Painful urination
- Vata rog (diseases due to vitiation of Vata)
- Pitta-Vikar (diseases due to excessive Pitta)
- Menopausal Syndrome
The Dosage of Kalyanaka Ghrita
Half teaspoon-1 spoon for (5-10 gram) twice a day with milk or lukewarm water.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
People suffering from obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetics, high cholesterol should use this medicine with precaution.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Kerala Ayurveda (Kalyanaka Ghritham), SDP (Kalyanaka Gritha), Kottakkal Arya Vaidya Sala (Kalyanaka Ghritam), Atharv’s (Kalyanaka Ghritam), AVP (Kallyanaka Gritham), Nagarjuna (Kalyanaka Ghrita) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.