Papaya (Carica papaya L.) is tropical evergreen plant native of Mexico and Central America. It is found throughout India. Papaya fruits contain protein, fat, fibre, carbohydrates, minerals such as calcium, phosphorous, iron, vitamin C, thiamine, riboflavin, niacin, and carotene, amino acids and citric acid.
Papaya fruits are nutritionally very rich with low calories. Ripe papaya fruits have stomachic, digestive, carminative and diuretic activities. Its unripe fruits have laxative, diuretic, antibacterial, abortifacient, anti-implantation activity.
This fruit must not be eaten in pregnancy as it can cause miscarriage.
- Papaya fruits contain beta carotene, vitamin A, E and C which helps to improve body immunity to fight infections. These vitamins make this fruit a good anti-oxidant. Vitamin A helps in improving eyesight.
- Papaya contains vegetable pepsin Papain which helps in improving digestive power. This enzyme helps in better digestion of proteins.
- Papaya fruit is good in treating all type of digestive and abdominal problems. It cures indigestion, constipation, abdominal gas and hyperacidity. It is also helpful in improving appetite.
- Papaya fruit helps to digest protein rich heavy meal as it contains protein-digesting proteolytic enzymes such as papain and chymopapain..
- Papaya fruit lowers high cholesterol levels in body.
- Papaya fruits can be applied externally on skin in case of ulcers burns etc. It has proteolytic enzymes and antimicrobial activities which help in better healing of burn injuries.
- Papaya fruit acts as mild laxative and helps to cure constipation.
Papaya fruit is rejuvenator and tonic that prevents free radical damage and premature aging.
- Papaya pulp can be applied on face for cleaning and removing blemishes.
How to use Papaya leaves for dengue treatment
you can use it in curing dengue as it increases platelets in blood and gives immunity to body, which help in recovery from dengue fever.
- Take 2-3 fresh leaves of papaya.
- Wash leaves with cold / normal temperature water very carefully.
- Remove all stems(possible) from leaves.
- Pound them and squeeze juice using clean cotton cloth filter.
- Give 1-2 table spoon, one or two time daily. (Keep dosage small as this can cause problems in high dose.)
This is really very effective in dengue recovery, you can ignore it bitter taste.
Note: Please use this only as supplement to increase your platelets count with your doctors prescribed medicines.