Haritaki Khand is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicine. It is a classical Ayurvedic medicine in which main ingredient is Haritaki. The formulation of medicine contains medicinal herbs that supports digestive system. This medicine stimulates digestion and assimilation. The medicinal herbs Haritaki, Baheda, Amla, Senna makes it good laxative. Haritaki Khanda detoxify body and removes toxins that are accumulated in body. Since it is prepared from herbs it does not produce any side effect, if taken in recommended dosage.
Here is given more about Haritaki Khand such as indication/therapeutic uses, Key Ingredients and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Haritaki Khand
Each 12 grams: Harad, Amla, Baheda ( Triphala), Sunthi, Maricha, Pippli (Trikatu), Dalchini, Choti ela, Tejpat, Nagkeshar (Chaturjata), Ajwain, Sunf, Soya beej, Nagarmotha, Laung
Nishoth 96 grams, Haritaki 768 grams, Sugar or Misri 2304 grams
Uses of Haritaki Khand
- Good laxative, cures constipation
- Purifies body
- Supports healthy digestion, secretion of enzymes
- Supports proper assimilation of nutrients
- Good digestion and assimilation improves overall health
- Useful in indigestion, hyperacidity, Arsh or piles, Vata-vikar due to constipation, abdominal gas, pain and many such diseases caused due to digestive disorders
Dosage of Haritaki Khand
Haritaki Khand is a medicine for digestive system. Its oral intake cures bloating, hyperacidity, digestive weakness and constipation. The recommended dosage of this medicine is 6 grams to 12 grams. The dosage is dependent on condition and strength of the person. Take this medicine with hot water or hot milk.
Note: This medicine contains sugar, so people suffering from high blood sugar should not take Haritaki Khand.