Divya (Patanjali) Swasari Pravahi Swasari Pravahi is proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Swami Ramdev’s Patanjali Divya Pharmacy. This is polyherbal decoction prepared from Tulsi, Licorice, Dry Ginger, Banafsha, Black Pepper, Long Pepper, Vasa and other medicinal herbs, well-known for curing respiratory tract infections such as common cold, cough, asthma, difficult breathing, bronchitis, sore throat, infections of lungs etc.
It has anti-asthmatic, antibacterial, antiviral, bronchodilator, expectorant and mucolytic activities. It also improves immunity and gives relief in respiratory ailments.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali Divya Pharmacy
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary herbal Medicine
- Main Indication: Respiratory ailments
- MRP/Price: DIVYA SWASARI PRAVAHI 1 Bottle 250 ml @ Rs. 50
Divya Swasari Pravahi Composition
Ingredients present in this formulation are given below:
Each 5 ml contains:
- Marich (Piper longum) 50 mg
- Mulethi (Glycyrrhiza glabra) 50 mg
- Kateli badi (Solanum indicum) 50 mg
- Kala vasa (Justicia gendarussa) 50 mg
- Safed vasa (Adhatoda vasica) 50 mg
- Banfsa (Viola osorata) 50 mg
- Chhoti pipal (Piper longum) 50 mg
- Tulsi Desi (Ocimum sanctum) 50 mg
- Dalchini (Cinnamomum zeylanicum) 50 mg
- Lavang (Syzgium aromaticum) 50 mg
- Sonth (Zingiber officinale) 50 mg
- Tejpatra (Cinnamomum tamala) 50 mg
- Bhangra (Eclipta alba) 50 mg
- Lishoda (Cordia dichotoma) 50 mg
- Amaltas (Cassia fistula) 50 mg
- Ikha (Saccharum officinarium) 70% w/v
Sodium banzate, Sod. Meth. Paraben, sod. Prop. Paraben
Know the Ingredients of Diyva Swasari Pravahi
Tulsi is pungent, bitter, cardiac tonic and hot. It stimulates digestion, and cures obstinate skin diseases including leprosy, dysuria, vitiation of blood and pain in the sides of chest. It alleviates Kapha and Vata. It also cures poisoning, parasitic infection, vomiting, svasa (asthma), piles and pain in eyes.
Viola odorata contains different types of chemical constituents including flavonoid, glycosides, alkaloids, steroids, terpenes, saponins and tannins. Banfsha is used in Unani medicine for treating respiratory ailments, bronchitis, whooping cough, fever, skin conditions, cystitis, throat infection and rheumatism due to its anti-inflammatory, diaphoretic, diuretic, emollient, expectorant, antipyretic and laxative properties. As it contains salicylic acid which is used to make aspirin hence effective for the treatment of headaches, migraine and insomnia.
Mulethi or Licorice Root (Glycyrrhiza glabra) is extensively used in Ayurveda. It relieves coughs, sore throats, respiratory problems, abdominal pain, and hyperacidity. It is used to prepare cough remedies, skin preparations, and in combination with other plants for the treatment of ulcer.
Licorice should not be used in the high blood pressure, fluid retention, diabetes, and certain other conditions.
Vasa, Adhatoda, Malabar Nut Tree, Vasa, Vasaka (Adhatoda zeylanica, Justicia adhatoda or Adhatoda vasica) is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of cough. It has antispasmodic, antiseptic, antitussive, hepatoprotective, immunomodulating and cough suppressant properties. The Leaf contain several different alkaloids, including vasicine, vasicinone, vasicinol, adhatodine, adhatonine, adhavasinone, anisotine, peganine, 7-methoxyvaicinone, desmethoxyaniflorine, 3- hydroxyanisotine, vasnetine, betaine, steroids and alkanes.
Vasa is an effective remedy for asthma, bronchitis, colds-cough, congestion and shortness of breath. Antitussive effects of Vasa is comparable to codeine.
In some parts of country, Vasa is used to cause abortion and to reduce fertility. Some research suggests that adhatoda may stimulate UTERINE CONTRACTIONS, so it is not recommended in pregnancy. One animal study investigating oral administration of leaf extracts showed 100% abortive rates at doses equivalent to 175 mg/kg of starting dry material. Another study found the extract had ANTI-IMPLANTATION ACTIVITY in 60–70% of test animals.
Bhringraj is also known as Bhangra, Bhangro, Kesh Raja, Keshya and Eclipta. This plant grows along streams in hot areas and on humid soil. Bhringraj contains many alkaloids, alkenynes, cardiacbglycosides, coumarins, flavonoids, lipids, polyacetylene compounds, triterpenes, steroids, saponins, steroidal alkaloids, etc. For the medicinal purpose the paste of whole plant of Bhringraj is used, both internally and externally.
This medicinal plant is bitter, hot and sharp taste and is used for the treatment of Kapha and Vata Roga.
It has deobstruent, depurative, emetic, purgative, styptic, antihepatotoxic, anti-inflammatory, antiulcerogenic, antibiotic, expectorant, antipyretic, stomachic, antiabortificient, antiasthmatic and antibronchitis properties. Eclipta alba is an effective the liver tonic and given in case of enlargement of the liver and spleen.
Bhringraj is revitalizer and used as an anti-aging drug in Ayurveda. Internally, whole plant is used in the treatment of anemia, skin diseases, cough, bronchitis, allergic urticaria, flatulence, colic, the liver infections, splenic and the liver enlargements, catarrhal jaundice, vertigo, tinnitus, tooth loss, premature greying of hair, hyperacidity, gastritis, dysentery, night blindness, eye diseases, constipation and as an antiseptic to ulcers.
Lasora, Lisodaa, Gondi, Naruvili and Sabestan Plum are few common names of Cordia dichotoma or Cordia myxa, a tree found throughout India. Lasurian Fruits exhibits significant anti-ulcer and cytoprotective effects. As they are expectorant, demulcent and hence are useful in dry cough, catarrh, coryza, chronic bronchitis, influenza and in burning micturition.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma of Diyva Swasari Pravahi
- Bhedana: Causes excretion of accmulated faeces and Doshas.
- Kaphahara: Pacifies Kapha Dosha.
- Kasahara: Removes cough.
- Kasa-shvashar: Gives relief in cough and Asthma.
- Pratishyayhar: Gives relief in coryza.
- Raktashodhak: Purifies the blood.
- Sheetjvaraghna: Gives relief in the fever due to cough.
- Shothagna: Reduces swelling and inflammation.
- Shothahar: Removes inflammation.
Diyva Swasari Pravahi of Biomedical Action
- Alterative: Alter favorably the course of an ailment.
- Anti-allergic: Prevents, or relieves an allergy.
- Anti-asthmatic: Treat or prevent asthma attacks.
- Antibacterial: Active against bacteria.
- Anticatarrhal: Remove excess mucous from the body.
- Anti–inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Anti-viral: Effective against viruses.
- Decongestant: Used to relieve nasal congestion.
- Diaphoretic: Promote sweating.
- Expectorant: Promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages, used to treat coughs.
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
Divya Swasari Pravahi Health Benefits
- It reduces Kapha Dosha.
- It controls cough and shortness of breath.
- It gives relief in congestion of lungs, cold, cough, difficult breathing, fever, bronchitis and other cough related respiratory ailment.
- It gives relief in respiratory distress.
- It gives relief in throat irritation.
- It has a calming and dilating the lung’s airways, thus relieving chest congestion.
- It has expectorant and heating action due to which it reduces cough and aids the mobilization of mucus.
- It helps in sore throat and swollen glands.
- It improves appetite.
- It loosens the phlegm.
Divya Swasari Pravahi Therapeutic Uses
Divya Swasari Pravahi can be used as herbal Ayurvedic remedy for all types of respiratory problems such as cold, cough, asthma, lung infection, excessive mucus, and other symptoms related to respiratory ailments.
- Common cold, cough
- Lung infections
- Respiratory tract infection
- Sore throat, etc.
Divya Swasari Pravahi Dosage
The recommended dosage of medicine is given below:
- Adults: 1 to 2 teaspoonsful twice or thrice a day depending on condition.
- Children above 12 years: 1/4 to ½ teaspoonful twice or thrice a day.
- It is to be taken with honey and water.
- Or take as directed by a doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Do not take in pregnancy.
- Safety during lactation has not been established. In the absence of sufficient
- data, the use during lactation is not recommended.
- This medicine is not suitable for a diabetic person / patients with high blood sugar level.
- This medicine should be taken cautiously in the high blood pressure and heart diseases.
- It is not suitable for the long term use.
- Do check the list of ingredients and their contraindications to avoid any side effects.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- The exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- Please maintain a gap of at least an hour between intake of any allopathic drug and Ayurvedic medicine to avoid drug interaction, if any.
- Do not use many different medicines for the treatments of the same disease.
- If the symptoms of lung infection are serious, fever is also present and the symptoms are not reduced by Herbal medicine after use of 2-3 days, consult a doctor. Lung infections can fast change into pneumonia. So, be cautious.