Jwar Nashak Kwath is herbal Ayurvedic Proprietary Medicine from Patanjali Divya Pharmacy. This medicine is available in dried coarse powder form. It is boiled and filtered to make a Kadha/kwath or decoction. Intake of this decoction helps in fever due to various reasons.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Patanjali
- Synonyms: Divya Jwar Nashak Kwath
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: All kinds of Fever
- MRP/Price: 100 gram @ Rs 45.00
Ingredients of Divya Jwarnashak Kwath
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) 0.0925 gram
- Kalmegh (Andrographis paniculata) 0.0925 gram
- Chirayata (Swertia chirata) 0.045 gram
- Kutki (Picrorhiza kurroa) 0.045 gram
- Neem (Azadirachta indica) 0.045 gram
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) 0.045 gram
- Tulsi (Ocimum sanctum) 0.045 gram
- Jalnimb (Bacopa monnieri) 0.045 gram
- Haldi (Curcuma longa) 0.045 gram
Know the Ingredients
Giloy, Guduchi or Amrita is very effective and well-known medicinal herb of Ayurveda. Giloy consists of the stem of plant Tinospora cordifolia. The stem can be used both fresh and dried form but when using as single drug it is better to use the fresh stem as it is more effective compared to the dried form.
Giloy is also known as Amrita or Amrit due to its significant rejuvenative, enhancing energy and vitality improving properties. It enhances the immune system, reduces cholesterol and helps to stabilize blood sugar levels. It is as an adaptogen and increases resistance to stress, both emotional and physical. It increases energy and yet relaxes tension. The herb is considered bitter, hot in effect, nutritive and a Rasayana.
It is recommended for diabetes, burning sensation, fever, edema etc. It has been scientifically validated in various animal models for hypoglycemic, immunomodulatory, anti-inflammatory, antioxidant and other pharmacological activities.
Andrographis paniculata Nees (Acanthaceae) contains andrographolides, which are based on the aglycone andrographolide and its derivatives, such asnneoandrographolide, deoxyandrographolide, andrographiside, andropaniside and others.
It is particularly beneficial for jaundice. It is a general liver and digestive system tonic. It is an immune system stimulant for treatment and prevention of infections. Andrographis is also used as an anti-inflammatory and antimalarial, and for cardiovascular disorders and diabetes.
Chiraita or Swertia chirata, is used traditionally for purification of vitiated blood, chronic skin diseases, poisoning, chronic fevers, anaemia, and oedema. It is also given for cough, intrinsic hemorrhage and affections of the urinary tract. It has anthelmintic, astringent, bitter tonic, blood purifying, febrifuge, stomachic, antidiarrheal, antispasmodic activities. Chirayata is tonic for heart, liver, and eyes. It is useful in toxic blood, enlarged spleen. It is used to treat liver, catarrh, intestinal spasms, anemia, indigestion, and diabetes.
Katuka (Synonyms: Picrorhiza kurroa, Tikta, Tiktarohi, Kutki, Katuka rohini, Katuku rohini, Kadugurohini) is a perennial, hairy herb found in north-western Himalayas from Kashmir to Sikkim. The main constituent of the rhizomes are Glucoside (Picrorhizin). The rhizomes of plant are dried and used for medicinal purpose.
It has alterative, bitter, tonic, antibacterial, antiviral, anthelmintic, hepatoprotective, choleretic, spasmolytic, insecticidal and laxative activities.
Traditionally, Picrorhiza is used for constipation, chronic dysentery, scabies, leucoderma, joint pain, chronic asthma, infections, inflammations, coughs, hepatitis, menstrual problems, enteritis, gall bladder complaints, jaundice and hemorrhoids. It works on plasma, blood and muscle tissues.
Kutki pacifies Vata and Pitta and reduces Ama in body. It helps in liver conditions and is considered main herb for jaundice, hepatitis etc. It purges excess pitta from the liver and gall bladder. It protects the liver.
Neem is used to treat intestinal worms, heat-rash, boils, wounds, jaundice, leprosy, skin disorders, stomach ulcers, chicken pox, malarial fever etc. The bark of tree is used in Ayurveda for treatment of skin diseases, excessive pitta, excessive kapha, toxins in body, bleeding disorders and healing of wounds. The active constituents of neem are mainly triterpenoids, sterols, bitter principles nimbin and nimbiol.
Neem Root bark and young fruits are astringent, tonic and antiperiodic (prevent recurrence of diseases).
Ashwagandha / Indian ginseng / Indian winter cherry, refers to the roots of a medicinal plant Withania somnifera. It has antidepressant effect on central nervous system and stimulant effect on brain and reduces anxiety and stress. As it is sedative and tonic, it helps in nervous weakness, fainting, giddiness and insomnia. It helps to gain weight and improves body immunity to keep away infections.
Tulsi is pungent, bitter, cardiac tonic and hot. It stimulates digestion, and cures obstinate skin diseases including leprosy, dysuria, vitiation of blood and pain in the sides of chest. It alleviates Kapha and Vata. It also cures poisoning, parasitic infection, vomiting, svasa (asthma), piles and pain in eyes.
Brahmi / Bacopa monnieri, is bitter (Tikta), astringent (Kashaya) in taste (Ras), light (Laghu), unctuous (Snigdha) in qualities (Guna). It is pungent (Katu) after digestion (Vipak) and Cool in potency. Brahmi balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. It works on seven Dhatu of body. Brahmi is especially beneficial for mind. It is a nervine tonic, sedative, rejuvenative, anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory.
In Ayurveda, Brahmi is given to reduce emotional stress, mental fatigue, loss of memory, and Vata disorders. It promotes brain functions, memory and learning. It is indicated in epilepsy, fits, anger, anxiety and hysteria.
Turmeric has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, skin lightening and astringent action. Turmeric strengthens connective tissue. It also stimulates formation of healthy tissues and regeneration of muscles.
Ayurvedic Action / Karma
- Jeevaneeya: beneficial for and maintain life in a sound condition.
- Jwarahara: Decreases vega of jwara and reduces the burning sensation.
- Kasahara: Removes cough.
- Kushthaghna: Removes blood impurities.
- Pachana: Digests Ama but does not increase appetite.
- Shothahar: Removes inflammation.
- Antibacterial: Active against bacteria.
- Anti-hyperglycemic: Counteracting high levels of glucose in the blood.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reducing inflammation by acting on body mechanisms.
- Antiperiodic: Preventing the regular recurrence of a disease (such as recurrent fever, malaria, viral fever etc.) or symptom.
- Antipyretic/antifebrile/febrifuge: Effective against fever.
- Anti-viral: Effective against viruses.
- Hepatoprotective: Prevent damage to the liver.
- Immunomodulatory: Modifies the immune response or the functioning of the immune system.
Benefits of Divya Jwarnashak Kwath
- It contains Giloy which is time-tested, well-proven and effective household remedy for fever.
- It helps in fever of various types such as Dengue, chikungunya, malaria, typhoid, and other viral fever.
- It removes toxins from body.
- It increases body immunity against diseases.
- It protects the liver from damage.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Divya Jwarnashak Kwath
- Other types of Fever
- Chronic fever causing shivering, pain, heaviness, weakness, poor digestion system and weakness
Dosage of Divya Jwarnashak Kwath
- Take 1 teaspoon or 5 grams in 400 ml water.
- Cook at low flame till volume reduces to one fourth or 100 ml.
- You may cook further to reduce volume of decoction.
- Filter the decoction.
- Take twice a day, empty stomach in the morning and one hour before the dinner.
- It may be mixed with honey.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- This medicine has no known side effects.
- It contains Giloy which is non-toxic medicinal herb.
- It can be taken along with allopathic medicines.
- Few sensitive people may feel nausea and vomiting.
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.