Hridyamrit Vati is proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Divya pharmacy for treating heart diseases. It contains herbs which are well-known for treating heart problems along with few mineral drugs of Ayurveda.
The chief ingredient in this medicine is bark of Arjun tree (157mg in one 300 mg tablet). Arjuna is well -known and scientifically proven heart tonic. It is the best herb of Ayurveda for treating heart conditions. It helps to manage hypertension and also gives relief in the palpitation of the heart. In this medicine Arjun is combined with Guggulu (21mg in one tablet) and hence it lowers high cholesterol level and manages congestive disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary
- Brand: Divya Pharmacy
- Main Indication: Heart diseases
- Suitable for: Unisex
- Price of Divya Hridyamrit Vati: 20 grams @ Rs. 100.00; 40 grams @ 200.00
Biomedical Action of the drug based on herbal ingredients
- Cardio tonic
- Cardiac stimulant
- Decrease in cholesterol levels
- Lipid-lowering effects
Ingredients of Divya Hridyamrit Vati
Each 300mg tablet contains: –
- Arjun Bark (Terminalia arjuna) 157.6 mg
- Shuddha Guggulu (Commiphora mukul) 21.00 mg
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) 11.00 mg
- Rasna (Pluchea lanceolata) 11.00 mg
- Makoh (Solanum nigrum) 11.00 mg
- Giloy (Tinospora cordifolia) 11.00 mg
- Punarnava (Boerhavia diffusa) 11.00 mg
- Chitrak (Plumbago zeylanica) 11.00 mg
- Nagarmotha (Cyperus rotundus) 11.00 mg
- Vaividang (Embelia ribes) 11.00 mg
- Haritaki Choti (Terminalia chebula) 11.00 mg
- Ashwagandha (Withania somnifera) 11.00 mg
- Shilajeet Shuddha (Asphaltum) 11.00 mg
- Sangeyasav Pishti 0.1 mg
- Akeek Pishti 0.1 mg
- Mukta Pishti 0.05 mg
- Heerak Bhasma 0.005 mg
- Rajat Bhasma 0.03 mg
- Jahar Mohra Pishti 0.005 mg
Excipients: Gum acacia Q.S., Aerosil Q.S., Talcum Q.S., Magnesium Stearate Q.S.
Know the ingredients
Latin name of Arjun tree is Terminalia arjuna. This medicinal tree is native to India and used since time immemorial to treat cardiovascular disorders including angina pectoris, congestive heart failure, left ventricular mass and hyperlipidaemia, coronary artery disease, hypertension, hypercholesterolaemia and dropsy. For the medicinal purpose the bark of the tree is used. The main constituents of the bark are triterpenoid saponins, arjunic acid, arjunolic acid, arjungenin, arjun glycosides, high levels of flavonoids (arjunone, arjunolone, luteolin and quercetin), polyphenols (gallic acid, ellagic acid) and oligomeric proanthocyanidins.
The bark of Arjun is astringent, sweet, acrid, cooling, aphrodisiac, urinary astringent, and expectorant. It is a cardiotonic and improves blood supply to heart. It is also in ulcer treatment, fractures, cirrhosis of the liver, ischaemic heart disease, and hypertension. It may also affect thyroid function, and helps in both hyper or hypo activity.
Clinical studies also confirm the benefits of Arjuna for the heart. In a controlled clinical study 12 patients with severe refractory congestive heart failure (class IV NYHA) received an extract (500 mg every 8 hours) from the bark of Terminalia arjuna or placebo for 2 weeks. Those receiving the medicinal plant experienced, according to echocardiographic evaluation, statistically significant improvements in several parameters of cardiac function, such as end-systolic volume and left ventricular ejection fraction. Another study done on animal exhibited, various extracts caused lowered blood pressure, bradycardia and positively inotropic effects in animal experiments.
Benefits of Arjuna for the heart
- It is a cardio protective and cardio-tonic.
- It is useful in all types of heart disorders.
- It helps in uneasiness and palpitation.
- It Gives relief from frequent angina pain.
- It helps to lower high cholesterol level.
- It stimulates the heart.
- It increases circulation.
- It nourishes heart muscle.
- It help to regulates heartbeat.
- It helps to prevent arterial clogging, reduces blood clots, reverses hardening of the blood vessels.
- It lowers the blood pressure in hypertension. But it does not mean it will also reduce blood pressure in normal blood pressure person. In normotensive person it has no effect.
- Arjuna is especially effective when cardiac disease is with edema.
- It has a high amount of calcium salts and this helps in case of bone fractures.
- Arjuna can be taken as a tonic and also along with allopathic medicines.
Guggulu / Guggul:
It is gum resin of a tree Commiphora mukul, found in arid- subtropical to tropical climate. Guggulu is highly effective in the treatment of Vata-vikar and inflammatory conditions. The gum resin contains guggul sterons Z and E, guggul sterols I-V, two diterpenoids- a terpene hydrocarbon named cembreneA and a diterpene alcohol- mukulol, a-camphrone and cembrene, long chain aliphatic tetrols- octadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol, eicosan-1,2,3,4-tetrol and nonadecan-1,2,3,4-tetrol. Major components from essential oil of gum resin are myrcene and dimyrcene.
The gum resin is bitter, acrid, astringent, thermogenic, aromatic, expectorant, digestive, anthelmintic, anti-inflammatory, anodyne, antiseptic, demulcent, carminative, emmenagogue, haematinic, diuretic, rejuvenating and general tonic.
It is effective in reducing synthesis of cholesterol in the liver. It reduces serum triglycerides, LDL (bad) cholesterol and increases HDL. It can reduce 14-27 percent blood cholesterol and triglycerides by 22-30 percent. Guggulu increases metabolism of LDL.
Guggulu is used in Ayurveda for the treatment of arthritis, rheumatism, gout, lumbago, disorders of the nervous, respiratory, digestive and circulatory systems. It has anti-inflammatory with strong purifying and rejuvenating properties.
A study done on isoproterenol-induced ischemic rats showed Shuddha Guggul significantly improved the cardiac function and prevented myocardial ischemic impairment (manifested in the form of increased heart rate, decreased arterial pressure, increased left ventricular end diastolic pressure) and altered myocardial contractility indices.
Guggulu treatment additionally also produced a significant increase in lactate dehydrogenase levels and prevented decline of protein content in heart. It preserved the structural integrity of myocardium. It reduced leakage of myocyte enzyme lactate dehydrogenase. It helped in maintenance of structural integrity of myocardium along with favorable modulation of cardiac function and improved cardiac performance. It confirmed the cardio protective effect of C. mukul against cardiac dysfunction.
Arjun bark is constipative and Haritaki is a laxative.
Giloy is stem of the plant Tinospora cordifolia. It has significant antioxidant, alterative and tonic properties. In heart diseases such as angina pectoris, myocardial infarction, ischemic heart diseases and certain arrhythmias, Giloy is taken with other herbal ingredients.
Punarnava (Boerhaavia diffusa) also possess heart protective effects. It has an anabolic action and used in Ayurveda as a Rasayan. This medicinal herb is useful in heart diseases due to its diuretic, anti-spasmodic, anti -inflammatory and analgesic qualities.
Chitrak root / Chitrkmool is pungent (Rasa), hot in potency (Virya), dry, light and sharp (Guna) and pungent after digestion (Vipak). It reduces Vata and Kapha due to its hot potency and drying nature but increases Pitta. The roots are stimulant, caustic, digestive and antiparasitic. In Ayurveda, the roots of the plant are used as alterative, digestive stimulant, and in the treatment of female reproductive system related problems. It is specific remedy for piles. Chitrak is very hot in potency and therefore it is contraindcated in pregnancy.
Ashwagandha is well-known tonic drug of Ayurveda. It has been in use for more than 3000 years. It reduces Vata and Kapha but increases Pitta and Ama. Ashwagandha is heating in potency, heavy and dry in qualities, and sweet after digestion. It is astringent, sweet and bitter in taste. It is anti-aging, immunity boosting and strength giving.
It should be taken cautiously in Ama Dosha, thyroid problems and diabetes as it is sweet and heavy to digest. Ashwagandha is useful in hypothyroid.
Other mineral ingredients present in low amount (Sangeyasav Pishti, Akik Pishti, Mukta Pishti, Heerak Bhasma 0.005 mg, Rajat Bhasma 0.03 mg, Jaharmohra Pishti 0.005 mg).
Important Therapeutic Uses of Divya Hridyamrit Vati
As a heart tonic
- Blood clots
- Blockage in arteries
- Cardiac diseases
- Congestive heart failure
- High blood pressure / hypertension
- Heaviness in the chest
- High cholesterol level
- Palpitation of heart
- Weakness of heart
The Dosage of Divya Hridyamrit Vati
Divya Hridyamrit Vati should be taken in a dose of 1 to 2 tablets, two times a day, after breakfast and dinner with milk or water.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- While taking the medicine it is highly recommended to monitor the blood pressure frequently. In case the blood pressure is not maintained, you must consult a doctor as there may be need to change the medication.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factor. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give the same result in another person.
- In the case of thyroid problem, monitor thyroid function frequently while taking the medicine.
- It is drying in nature.
- Do not take during pregnancy.
- Giloy, Arjun has anti-obesity properties and this helps in reducing weight.
Sometimes my heart pauses for 1 to 1.5 second and then it continues beating. BP, Sugar, TSH and Lipid Profile reports are normal. What should I do?
Same here. All Tests Normal but this pause feeling OMG.
I am suffering from High blood pressure after taking alopathy medicine my blood pressure is not maintained it is 150/90 to 170/100 . can i use Hridyamrit Vati
You can take, but after consulting a good ayurvedic dr in your city.
My blood pressure is 150/90
I take allopathic medicine
But not controlled