Table of Contents
Patanjali Amrit Rasayanis proprietary Ayurvedic medicine from Swami Ramdev’s Divya Pharmacy. It is herbal supplement which is used for rejuvenating body, improving memory and overall health. It contains various herbs which are well known as Rasayana in Ayurveda. Rasayana are helpful in maintaining youthfulness, preventing aging and improving memory, complexion etc. It is a good supplement for students as it is helpful in improving memory, learning and concentration.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Patanjali Amrit Rasayan
Each 5 gram contains:
- Brahmi 66 mg
- Shankhapushpi 66 mg
- Almond 66mg
- Shatavari 33mg
- Praval Pishti 6.67 mg
- Amla 989mg
- Sharkara 3509 mg
- Ghee 132 mg
- Paste / Prakshep
- Vanshlochan 33 mg
- Laghu Ela 33 mg
- Dalchini 33 mg
- Kesar 33 mg
- Piper Longum 33 mg
1. Shankhpushpi / Convolvulus pluricaulis, is indicated in Unmad (insanity) and insomnia. It reduces different types of stress, including psychological, chemical and traumatic. It has anti-anxiety, hypotensive and mental function improving property. It is a brain tonic and used to treat mental weakness, mental disorders, insanity, to improve memory.
2. Brahmi / Bacopa monnieri, is bitter (Tikta), astringent (Kashaya) in taste (Ras), light (Laghu), unctuous (Snigdha) in qualities (Guna). It is pungent (Katu) after digestion (Vipak) and Cool in potency. Brahmi balances Vata, Pitta and Kapha Dosha. It works on seven Dhatu of body. Brahmi is especially beneficial for mind. It is a nervine tonic, sedative, rejuvenative, anticonvulsant and anti-inflammatory. In Ayurveda, it is indicated in mental weakness, anxiety, skin disorders, and fever. It is a memory vitalizer and nervine tonic. Brahmi is adaptogenic, astringent, diuretic, sedative, potent nervine tonic, anti-anxiety agent, and improves mental functions.
3. Amla (Indian gooseberry/ Phyllanthus emblica or Emblica officinalis) is nutritive tonic of Ayurveda. It is healing and rejuvenating. Its intake gives good eyesight, keeps hair black and helps in better absorption of iron. It is rich source of Vitamin C.
Amalki is also known as Dhatri in Sanskrit which means ‘supporter/ sustainer’ and ‘nurse’. So the name Dhatri signifies one that nurse, supports and heals. It is healing and rejuvenating. Its intake gives good eyesight, keeps hair black and helps in better absorption of iron. It contains all of the tastes, except salty, and thus relates to all of the three humors. It increases digestive fire and gives relief in hyperacidity, indigestion, constipation, colitis, gas and piles.
4. Shatavari / Asparagus racemosus, contains Calcium, Copper, Sodium, Potassium, Magnesium, Manganese, and Zinc. It is an immunomodulator.
Vamsalochana / Vanshlochan / Bamboo Manna Vansa is Ayurvedic name of medicinal tree Bambusa arundinacea. The siliceous concretion found in the joints of the female bamboo is called Vamsalochana / Bansa rochana in Sanskrit. It has sweet, cooling, tonic, expectorant, haemostatic, aphrodisiac, diuretic and anti-cough properties.
5. Ela / Elaichi (Elettaria cardamomum), is known as lesser cardamom in English. It is cool in potency. It is Tridosh-har, digestive, carminative, nutritive, laxative, and expectorant.
5. Almond / Badam, is a highly nutritious. It contains copper, iron, phosphorus and vitamin B. It smooths the physiological functions of brain,nerves, bones heart and liver. It gives vitality of the brain, in strengthens the muscles and prolong life. It forms a vital part of all tonic preparation in Ayurveda and Unani Medicines.
Benefits of Patanjali Amrit Rasayan
- It nourishes brain.
- It improves mental activity.
- It is cooling in nature.
- It gives strength and good health.
- It is a tonic.
- It is beneficial for the eyes.
Uses of Patanjali Amrit Rasayan
- Brain tonic
- Improve memory, concentration
- To improve eye sight
- To improve overall health
Dosage of Amrit Rasayan
- For adults: 12 teaspoonful, twice a day with water or milk.
- For children above six years: 1 teaspoonful twice a day with water or milk.
- Divya Amrit Rasayan is a tonic and is safe for everyone. It contains sugar and therefore should not be taken by diabetics.