Dhatryadi Ghritam is polyherbal Ayurvedic medicated ghee. This medicine is greenish yellow in colour with pleasant odour and sweet taste. Dhatryadi Ghritam is indicated in anemia, dizziness, burning sensation in body, menorrhagia, gonorrhoea, leucorrhoea and various other diseases caused due to vitiation of pitta dosh.
The principle ingredient of this medicine is Amla. Amla is known as Dhatri in Ayurveda. It is rich source of vitamin c. Amla is a tonic which improves overall health and gives youthfulness. It boosts immunity and gives relief in hyperacidity, fever, premature hair greying, eyesight weakness, etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Ingredients of Dhatryadi Ghrita
Dhatryadi Ghrita is a medicated preparation made with the ingredients in the Formulation composition given below with Ghrita as the basic ingredient.
- Dhatri rasa (amalaki) Phyllanthus emblica (Emblica officinalis) P. 768 ml
- Vidari rasa (Vidari) Pueraria tuberosa Rt.Tr. 768 ml
- Ikshu rasa (Ikshu) Saccharum officinarum St. (Juice) 768 ml
- Shatavari rasa (Shatavari) Asparagus racemosus Rt. 768 ml
- Kushmandaka rasa (Kushmanda) Benincasia hispida Fr.P. 768 ml
- Sarpi (Goghrita) Clarified butter from cow’s milk 768 ml
- Kshira (Godugdha) Cow’s milk 768 ml
- Mridvika (Draksha) Vitis vinifera Dr.Fr. 24 g
- Yashtyahva (Yashti) Glycyrrhiza glabra Rt. 24 g
- 10 Candana (Shveta candana) Santalum album Ht.Wd. 24 g
- 11 Sita Sugar candy 24 g
Benefits of Dhatryadi Ghrita
- It is very nutritious.
- It cures internal dryness.
- It improves weight, luster, and digestion.
- It gives relief from constipation.
- It gives strength to brain, nerves, eyes, rectum and other body organs.
- It balance Pitta.
- It nourishes gastrointestinal mucosa, lubricates it, enhances the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins and strengthens the colonic flora of useful microbes.
Uses of Dhatryadi Ghrita
- Diseases due to Pitta dosha
- Lump due to pitta or Pittaj Gulma
- Intoxication, alcoholism
- Unconsciousness or Syncope
- Insanity, Female Infertility, Anaemia
- Bleeding disorder or raktapitta
- Excessive vaginal bleeding
- Gout, discharge from bones
- Dosage of Dhatryadi Ghrita
Half teaspoon-1 spoon (5-10 gram), mixed with equal quantity of sugar and administer with warm milk or lukewarm water.
Please note, the doses of Ayurvedic medicines are not fixed. Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.
Ghrita should not be taken in many conditions including:
Digestive weakness, impaired digestion
Weakness of liver
Suffering from Whitish and foul smelling stool
People suffering from obesity, heart diseases, high blood pressure, diabetics, high cholesterol should use this medicine with precaution.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured Arya Vaidya Sala (Dhatryadi Ghritam) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.