Chousath Prahari pipal/Chausashta Prahar pippali is herbal Ayurvedic medicine. This medicine is prepared from pippali by triturating choti pippali with juice of badi pippali for 64 Prahar or 192 hours (Prahar is a Sanskrit term for a unit of time and it is approximately three hours long). It has carminative, stimulant, laxative and appetizing properties. It is very useful medicine in treatment of both respiratory and digestive diseases.
Medicinal properties of Chausath Prahari Pipal
- Appetizer: Improves appetite.
- Thermogenic: Heating.
- Anti-cough: reduces phlegm.
- Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
- Stimulant: raises levels of physiological or nervous activity in the body.
- Laxative: tending to stimulate or facilitate evacuation of the bowels.
Ingredients of Chousath Prahari pippali
Choti pippali powder, Badi pippali fant
Preparation of Chousath Prahari pippali: Choti pippali powder is triturated with Badi pippali fant for constant 192 hours.
Long pepper(pippali) is used in many Ayurvedic medicines to treat various health problems. It is one of the key ingredient of this medicine which is used to many treat diseases. Long pepper is used to treat a variety of conditions like asthma, bronchitis, cough, digestive disorders, enlargement of the spleen.
Uses of Chousath Prahari pippali
- Useful in Vata and Kapha diseases
- Cough, asthma, respiratory diseases
- Digestive impairment, low appetite, hyperacidity
- Hiccups, anemia, piles, pain
- Post-partum fever, fever due to cold & cough, chronic fever
- Improves breast milk in lactating mothers
- Gives strength to heart
- Chronic type of respiratory ailments
Dosage of Chousath Prahari pippali
250-500 mg twice a day with honey or as directed by physician.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Chausath Prahari Pipal), Dabur (Chatushasthi Prahari Pippali), Unjha (Chausath Prahari Pippali), BAPS Swaminarayan Herbal Care (Chosath Prahari Pippal Churna) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.