Table of Contents
Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam is polyherbal Ayurvedic formulation. This medicine is useful in treatment of various Vata Vyadhis or diseases that occur due to vitiation of Vata or wind. This medicine is referenced from Sahasrayogam. Here is given more about Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Key Ingredients of Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam
Following is given complete list of medicinal herbs that are used in preparation of this decoction.
- Brahmi(Bacopa monnieri)
- Draksha Vitis vinifera
- Jaladhara Musta Cyperus rotundus
- Vacha(Acorus calamus)
- Abhiru Shatavari(Asparagus racemosus)
- Shamyaka Amaltas Cassia fistula
- Tikta Katuki Picrorhiza kurroa
- Haritaki( Terminalia chebula)
- Vibhitaki(Terminalia bellirica)
- Amalaki Emblica officinalis (Haritaki+ Vibhitaki+ Amalaki=Triphala)
- Bala Sida cordifolia
- Neem(Azadirachta indica)
- Koshataki Luffa echinata
- Kalmegh( Andrographis paniculata)
- Trikatu Vyosha Dry ginger, long pepper, black pepper
- Chitrak(Plumbago zeylanica)
- Devdaru Cedrus deodara
- Pancha moola dwaya
Procedure of drug making
The decoction of above specified drugs are prepared.
Uses of Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam
Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam is indicated in treatment of all type of Vata roga or Vata vyadhi (Diseases of the nervous system) which include arthritis, muscles stiffness, headaches, paralysis, myalgia, neuralgia, loss of movement, stiffness, muscle atrophy etc.
Dosage of Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam
The recommended dosage of Brahmi Drakshadi Kashayam is 5-15ml with four times water, twice a day. Or take as directed by physician.