Table of Contents
Baidyanath Aquagest is patented Ayurvedic herbal medicine from Shree Baidyanath Ayurved Bhawan Pvt. Ltd. and is used to treat gastric problems. It contains Ajwain and Fennel which are well known to cure digestive system disorders.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
- Manufacturer: Shree Baidyanath Ayurveda Bhavan
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Medicine
- Main Indication: Loss of Appetite, Indigestion, Gas, Stomach Ache, Heart Burn, Flatulence and Other Gastric Problems
- Suitable for: Unisex
- MRP/Price: Baidyanath Aquagest 100 ml @ Rs. 55.00
Ingredients of AquaGest
Main Active ingredients of this medicine are:
- Ajwain Trachyspermum ammi
- Saunf Foeniculam vulgar
Ajwain or carom seeds are commonly used as a spice in cooking. It is known to everybody as carminative spice. The seed is and is beneficial in anorexia, indigestion and abdominal gas. Ajwain subdues both Vata and Kapha, improve secretion of digestive enzymes, gives relief in gas and colic and cures problems due to overeating. It is given for treating indigestion, colic pain, internal obstructions, anaemia and diarrhoea.
A teaspoonful of seeds with a little salt is given for indigestion from irregular diet. For stomach ache, cough and digestion, the seeds are masticated and swallowed, followed by intake of a glass of hot water.
Ajwain is indicated in:
- Gas, flatulence
- Improves breast milk
- Intestinal parasites
- Intestinal Spasm
- Low appetite
- Sluggish digestion
Ajowan seed and its extract do not appear to have any significant toxicity. The amount of ajowan normally used in food are non-toxic. It is contraindicated in acidity, pregnancy and high pitta.
Fennel (Foeniculum vulgare) seed is considered an appetizer, stimulant, carminative, galactagogue, and stomachic and given for relieving flatulence, griping of the bowels and stomachache. It is useful in colic pain, vomiting, flatulence, indigestion, fullness, loss of appetite, burning syndrome, biliousness, anorexia and diseases due to vitiated blood.
Combination of Ajwain with Fennel, Cumin, Haritaki, Amalaki helps to improve digestion and reduce flatulence.
- Antiflatulent: Alleviate or prevent excessive intestinal gas, i.e., flatulence.
- Antimicrobial: Active against microbes.
- Antioxidant: Neutralize the oxidant effect of free radicals and other substances.
- Antirheumatic: Alleviating or preventing rheumatism.
- Antispasmodic: Relieve spasm of involuntary muscle.
- Appetizer: Improves appetite.
- Carminative: Preventing the formation or causing the expulsion of flatulence.
- Digestive: Digestant, help in digestion.
- Diuretic: Promoting excretion of urine/agent that increases the amount of urine excreted.
- Expectorant: Promotes the secretion of sputum by the air passages, used to treat coughs.
Benefits of AquaGest
- It is safe to use.
- It is herbal medicine.
- It gives relief in common digestive ailments such as, Indigestion, Stomach Ache, Heart Burn, Loss Of Appetite, Flatulence And Other Gastric Problems.
Important Therapeutic Uses of AquaGest
- Flatulence, gas
- Heart burn
- Loss of appetite
- Stomach ache
Dosage of AquaGest
- The recommended dosage of medicine is 2-3 teaspoon.
- It should be taken twice a day, in the morning and evening or as required.
- It is to be taken with water.
- Or take as directed by doctor.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- It is completely safe to take this medicine in recommended doses.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of children.
- High doses of fennel stimulate the uterus and promote menstruation. Fennel in medicinal amounts is contraindicated during pregnancy.
- Effectivity of herbal medicine depends on many factors. A medicine suitable for one person may not essentially give same result in another person.
- Exact dose depends on the age, strength, digestive power of the patient, the nature of the illness, the state of the viscera and humours, and the properties of individual drugs.