Table of Contents
Pushyanug Churna is an Ayurvedic formulation referenced from Ayurvedic treatise Bhaishajya Ratnavali, and is indicated in Stri-rogadhikar or gynaecological conditions. Pushyanug Churna is astringent, pungent, sweet and bitter in taste. It is warm in potency. It calms vata, pitta and kapha. It works on plasma, blood, muscles and reproductive system.
Here is given more about Pushyanug Churna such as indication/therapeutic uses, composition and dosage.
Diseases in which Pushyanug Churna is indicated
This medicine is given for treating gynaecological problems. It is Raktaptta-hara which means it cures bleeding disorders. It is useful in treatment of all menstrual disorders such as excessive bleeding, fibroids, painful periods, mid-cycle bleeding, and heavy bleeding before menopause.
It is also indicated in endometriosis. Endometriosis is a condition resulting from the appearance of endometrial tissue outside the womb and causing pelvic pain, especially associated with menstruation.
This formulation is indicated in preganacy during abnormal bleeding. It is also given post-delivery.
Pushyanug Churna is indicated in treatment of all types of Pradar such as leucorrhoea or shwet pradar, rakta pradar.
This medicine is tonic for uterus. It is anti-inflammatory (reduces swelling) and anti-spasmodic (relieves spasm). It is a circulatory and menstrual regulator. Due to its alterative and vasoconstrictor properties it cures bleeding disorders.
Key ingredients of Pushyanug Churna
Given below is complete list of ingredients.
- Patha Cyclea peltata (Rt.) 1 Part
- Jambu-bija majja Eugenia jambolana (Enm.) 1 Part
- amra-bija majja Mango (Enm.) 1 Part
- Pashan bheda (Rz.) 1 Part
- Daruharidra (St.Ext.) 1 Part
- Ambasthaki Cissampelos pareira (Rt.) 1 Part
- Mocharasa (Shalmali) Salmalia malabarica (Exd.) 1 Part
- Lajjalu (Rt./Pl.) 1 Part
- Padma kesara (Kamala) Nelumbo nucifera (Adr.) 1 Part
- Vahlika (Kumkuma) Crocus sativus(Stl./Stg) 1 Part
- Ativisa Aconitum heterophyllum (Rt.Tr.) 1 Part
- Musta (Rz.) 1 Part
- Bilva (St.Bk.) 1 Part
- Lodhra (St.Bk.) 1 Part
- Gairika 1 Part
- Katphala (St.Bk.) 1 Part
- Maricha (Fr.) 1 Part
- Sunthi (Rz.) 1 Part
- Draksha (Dr.Fr.) 1 Part
- Rakta candana Pterocarpus santalinus(Ht.Wd.) 1 Part
- Katvanga (Araluka) Oroxylum indicum (St.Bk.) 1 Part
- Vatsaka (Kutaja) Holarrhena antidysenterica (St.Bk.) 1 Part
- Ananta Hemidesmus indicus (Rt.) 1 Part
- Dhataki Woodfordia fruticosa (Fl.) 1 Part
- Mulheti Glycyrrhiza glabra (Rt.) 1 Part
- Arjuna Terminalia arjuna (St.Bk.) 1 Part
Method of preparation
For preparing this medicine, all herbs are ground to make fine powder homogenous mix.
Dosage of Pushyanug Churna
¼ to 1/2 tea spoonful or 1-3 gm twice a day with honey or rice water before meal or as directed by the Physician.
How to buy Pushyanug Churna
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath, Dabur and other companies. You can buy this medicine from medical store and online.