Ulcerative colitis is a digestive problem in which the lining of large intestine gets inflamed. It is a inflammatory bowel diseases causing ulceration of large intestine and rectum mucosa. In modern medical science, there is no permanent curative and safe treatment for this disease. The patients are always looking for some alternative therapy promising more effective and safer outcomes. There is no permanent cure for this disease but this can be managed by Ayurvedic medicines and Therapies, many Ayurvedic medicines and therapies are clinically proven. One should consult an experienced Ayurvedic Doctor or hospital for better treatment.
There are several reasons for development of this condition.
- Hereditary problems
- Food heavy to digest (pizza, burgers, cold drinks)
Symptoms of ulcerative colitis
- Abdominal ain
- Loss of appetite
- Bloody diarrhoea
- Weakness, tiredness, low haemoglobin level
It is beneficial to drink Chhachh or buttermilk few times a day.
Here are few classical ayurvedic medicines which are good in management of ulcerative colitis you can try any one of these.
- Kutaj ghan Vati: This medicine is prepared from Kutaj or Holarrhena anidysenerica. The dose of this medicine is 2 tablets three times a day before meals.
- Pushyanuga Churna
- Bilva or Bael is very useful in digestive diseases. There are few classical Ayurvedic medicine of Bael such as Bilwadi gutika, Bilvadi leha and Bilva churna. Any one of this medicine can be taken.
- Take Following medicine of Divya pharmacy: Divya Moti Pishti 5 gm, Divya Shankh Bhasma 10 gm, Kapdark Bhasma 10 gm, Divya Muktashukti Bhasma 10 gm. Mix all medicines and keep in some airtight glass bottle. Take this medicine 0.5 gm in morning and evening empty stomach for 30 days.
- Divya Udaramrit vati, take 1 tablet after meals with water.
- Divya bael churna, take 1 spoon of after meal with water
- Divya Sarkalp kwath, make decoction and take 1 spoon empty stomach daily in morning.
- Himalaya Shallaki is found very effective if taken 350 mg(2-3 capsule) thrice daily for 6 weeks.
- Nicotine patch are very effective for this diseases.
Food Guideline for person suffering from ulcerative colitis
It is important to make dietary changes in ulcerative colitis. A person suffering form this condition must avoid spices, seasonings, sauces, meat, fish, eggas, sugar. The foods which are difficult to digest, rich in protein, alcohol, frozen foods, pizza, burger, non-veg must be avoided. Few food items such as fresh vegetable, fruits, buttermilk, coconut water and pomegranate should be included in diet. The food taken should be light, bland and easy to digest. Bland diet is very good for people suffering from this. Medication is also helpful as it reduces stress and calms the mind.