Table of Contents
Rajahpravartani vati is an Ayurvedic medicine containing Hingu (Ferula asafetida), purified Kasisa (Ferus sulphate), purified Tankana (borax) and Pulp of Aloe vera in equal quantity, processed in Juice of Aloe veraand. It is used to induce menstruation. It is indicated in Amenorrhea and dysmenorrhea. Amenorrhea is condition of no periods and dysmenorrhea is gynecological condition of painful period. Use of this medicine gives relief in pain in pelvis, burning sensation in the body, mild fever, etc.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition, and dosage.
Ingredients of Rajah Pravartini Vati
- Kanyasara (Kumari) – Musabbar (Lf.) 1 Part
- Kasisa-Shuddha Ferus sulphate 1 Part
- Ramatha (Hingu) Ferula
- Hingu Asafetida (Exd.) 1 Part
- Tankana – Shuddha 1 Part
- Kanya (Kumari) svarasa (Lf.) Q.S. for mardana
Benefits of Rajah Pravartani vati
- It has vata shamaka (gives relief in Vata/wind) and vata anulomaka (takes Vata downwards) properties.
- It balances vitiated Vata-dosha.
- It has carminative, laxative and anti-spasmodic properties.
- It reduces the severity of dysmenorrhea.
- It treats absence of periods and scanty bleeding in periods.
- It gives relief in symptoms associated with absence of periods.
- It improves the chances of conceiving.
- It significantly reduces menstrual pain and improves the quality of life.
- It contains natural ingredients.
- It is clinically safe.
Indication of Rajah Pravartini Vati
Rajah Pravartini Vati is a well-known Ayurvedic medicine for treating absence or cessation of periods.
It is indicated in the following conditions:
1. Amenorrhea (Nashtartava)
Amenorrhea is a condition in which there is the absence of menstruation for at least three menstrual periods in a row. It can be due to problems with the reproductive organs, or glands that help regulate hormone levels.
The symptoms of amenorrhea:
- Cessation of periods
- Facial hairs
- Pain in pelvis
- Acne, pimples
- Change in vision
Causes of amenorrhea include use of contraceptives, certain medicines, malnutrition, stress, imbalance of hormones (PCOS/PCOD, thyroid dysfunction, etc.). Other causes include defects in reproductive system.
2. Primary dysmenorrhea (Kashtartava)
Dysmenorrhoea is a medical condition of pain during menstruation.
3. Some associated symptoms of primary dysmenorrhea like nausea, vomiting, giddiness, constipation, diarrhea, fainting, cramping, pain in back lower Abdomen and thighs, etc.
5. Infertility, PCOS
The Dosage of Rajah Pravartini Vati
1 tablet twice a day to be taken after the breakfast and dinner with lukewarm water, Tila Kashaya, Kulattha Kashaya or as directed by Physician.
Should be avoided in Pregnancy
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Baidyanath (Rajahpravartini Bati), Dabur (Rajahpravartini Vati), Patanjali Divya Pharmacy (Divya Rajah Pravartani Vati), Prince Pharma (Raj Pravartini Vati), Shri Dhootapapeshwar Limited (Rajahpravartani Vati) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.