Table of Contents
Ashwagandhadi Lehyam is polyherbal Ayurvedic preparation containing Ashwagandha as chief ingredient. Lehya or Avaleh are semi-solid Ayurvedic preparations containing ghee, sugar/honey/jaggery and medicinal herbs.
Ashwagandha is one of the best herb used in Ayurveda for promoting physical and mental health. For the medicinal purpose dried mature roots of the plant are used. Ashwagandha is also referred as Indian ginseng and is used as sex tonic. Ashwagandha is used for improving fertility, potency and curing sexual dysfunctions. Ashwagandha is a nervine tonic, alterative, aphrodisiac, sedative and deobstruent (remove obstruction in any system of the body). Aswagandha can be used by everyone. It is given to children to cure sukha rog. In stri-rog (gynecological diseases), it is given to treat infertility, leucorrhoea, deficiency of breast milk etc. It is also indicated in sperm disorders.
Ashwagandhadi Lehyam is a tonic, aphrodisiac, anti-oxidant, rejuvenator and revitalizer. Regular intake of this medicine improves strength and cures debility.
Ingredients of Ashwagandhadi Lehyam
Complete list of Ashwagandhadi Lehyam is given below:
- Sharkara sugar 1.356 kg
- Ashwagandha Root Withania somnifera 192 g
- Shveta sariva Root Hemidesmus indicus 192 g
- Shveta jiraka Fruit Cuminum cyminum 192 g
- Madhusnuhi Root trunk Smilax china[Smilax glabra (Official Substitute)] 192 g
- Draksha Dry fruit Vitis vinifera 192 g
- Ghrita Clarified butter from cow milk 226 g
- Madhu Honey 452 g
- Ela Seeds Elettaria cardamomum 24 g
- Water 452 g
Method of preparation
- Take all ingredients of pharmacopoeial quality.
- Wash, clean, dry the ingredient number 2 to 5 and 9 of the Formulation Composition, powder separately and pass through 180 μm I. S. sieve (sieve number 85) to obtain a fine powder.
- Wash, clean Draksha, soak in water till fully swollen and crush to make paste.
- Take Ghrita in a stainless steel vessel and heat till it becomes free from moisture.
- Add soaked Draksha to the Ghrita and fry it to make moisture free, then add powdered ingredients and fry till it turns to a soft bolus.
- Add sugar to water and heat, maintaining the temperature between 800 and 900. After the sugar dissolves, filter the hot syrup through a muslin cloth.
- Add the fried paste to the syrup, heat with constant stirring, maintaining the temperature between 900 and 1000 and observe the mixture for formation of soft bolus, which does not disperse in water. Stop heating and allow to cool.
- Add honey when it comes to room temperature.
Store in containers and pack them air-tight to protect from light and moisture.
A blackish brown, semisolid paste with a spicy pleasant odour and bitter astringent taste.
Store in a cool place in a tightly closed container, protected from light and moisture.
Uses of Ashwagandhadi Lehyam
- Raktavikara (Disorders of blood)
- Krishatva (Emaciation)
- Arsha (Hemorrhoids)
- Upadansha (Syphilis/Soft chancre)
- General weakness, Excessive fatigue
- Recovery after illness
- Oligospermia (low sperm count)
- Sperm disorders
- Weakness of nerves
Benefits of Ashwagandhadi Lehyam
This medicine is prepared from Munakka, Ashwagandha root powder, ghee, sugar etc. It is a nutritive tonic which improves health, weight and strength.
- It improves body immunity to fight diseases.
- It is Vaajikark or aphrodisiac.
- It is good for body and mind.
- It pacifies vata-pitta.
- It has adapto-immuno-neuro-endocrino-modulator properties.
The Dosage of Ashwagandhadi Lehyam
6 -12 gm twice a day with milk or as directed by the Physician.
You can buy this medicine online or from medical stores.
This medicine is manufactured by Dabur (Ashwagandhadi Lehya), Nagarjuna (Aswagandhadi Lehyam), AVP (Aswagandhadi Lehyam), Keala Ayurveda (Aswagandhadi Lahyam), Arya Vaudya Sala (Aswagandhadi Leham) and many other Ayurvedic pharmacies.