Health benefits of Coconut oil for skin
Coconut oil is extracted from coconut meat. It has numerous uses. This oil is used for cooking, hair and skincare. It has property to penetrate in skin and hair. When applied on hair it gets absorbed in hair protein and prevents hair damage. Coconut oil offers several benefits for the skin. It is antibacterial, antiviral, antifungal and non-toxic. Since it is vegetable oil so does not cause any allergic reactions or side effects.
Benefits of coconut oil for the skin./h3>
- Coconut oil is good moisturizer for the skin. For curing skin dryness it should be applied regularly.
- It makes skin soft and smooth. You can apply it even on your face.
For those having very sensitive skin coconut oil is very useful. It is vegetable oil and naturally cures various skin problems that are caused due to the skin hypersensitivity.
This oil can be used on dry skin patches, eczema and rashes. You can apply it safely on nappy rashes.
- This oil has antibacterial and antifungal activities. It can be applied externally on place of fungal and yeast infections.
- Coconut oil can be applied on haemorrhoids to get relief from swelling and irritation.
Coconut oil is also beneficial for psoriasis. Its regular application on the affected area prevents dryness, itching and scaling.
- Coconut oil can be applied topically on various skin problems such as boils, cysts, fungus, yeast and athlete feet.
- This oil is useful in burn injuries. It should be applied on burn for faster healing and reducing scarring.
- It is recommended to use virgin coconut oil for treating various skin problems.