Table of Contents
Burnol (Morepen) is an antiseptic cream which is applied topically on first degree burn injuries. It provides immediate relief, prevents infections and help quick healing of burns. Burnol was acquired by DR MOREPEN, a fully-owned subsidiary of Morepen Labs, from Reckitt Benckiser. The ingredients of Burnol cream are Aminacrine HCl 0.1%, and cetrimide 0.5%. Aminacrine HCL is an anti-microbial agent that prevent and treat infection of burns. Cetrimide has anti-bacterial and antiseptic action.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
- Name of Product: Burnol The Original Burns Cream
- Made in India By: Ratchet Laboratories, Bahhbania, Baddi Nalagarh Road, Nalagarh HP
- Marketed By: Dr. Morepen Limited, Antriksh Bhawan, KG Marg, New Delhi 110001
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary Allopathic Cream
- Main Indication: First degree burns
- Method of Use: Applied topically
- Suitable for: Everyone
- MRP/Price (varies): Burnol Cream 10 gram @ Rs. 31.00 and Burnol Cream 20 gram @ Rs. 50.00
Action of Cream
- Antimicrobial: Active against microbes.
- Bactericidal: Kill gram positive and gram negative microorganism
- Antiseptic: Prevent growth of microorganism.
Composition / Ingredients of Burnol Cream
- Aminacrine HCL (0.1g per 100 g)
- Cetrimide (0.5g per 100 g)
- Emulsion base qs to 100 grams
Know the Ingredients
1- Aminacrine hydrochloride 0.1%
Aminacrine hydrochloride is an antimicrobial agent having a topical action for prevention and treatment of infections during treatment of burns.
- Synonyms: 9 Aminoacridine, 9-Aminoacridine, Aminacrine, Aminoacridine, Aminoacridine Hydrochloride, Acridin-9-amine hydrochloride
- Molecular Formula: C13H11ClN2
- Action: Anti-Infective Agent, Germicical (Against Both Gram-Positive & Gram Negative Bacteria), Antifungal, Analgesic, Topical Antiseptic, not inactivated by pus, secretions, or body fluids.
- Uses: vaginal candidiasis, trichomoniasis, haemophilus infections, gynecological procedures, dentistry etc.
2- Cetrimide IP
Cetrimide consists chiefly of tetradecyltrimethylammonium bromide together with smaller amounts of dodecyl- and hexadecyltrimethylammonium bromides.
Certrimide is bactericidal against gram positive and gram negative microorganism and is used as antiseptic in minor cut and abrasion.
- Action: Antiseptic, detergent
- Uses: It helps to prevent infections. It is used in case of insect bites, blisters, minor burns, minor scalds, minor wounds, cuts, grazes and minor abrasions.
- Cetrimide is for topical use. Oral intake causes Nausea, vomiting, digestive problems and death of body tissue.
Benefits of Burnol Cream
- It provide immediate relief in first degree burns.
- It prevents infections.
- It supports faster healing.
- It has antiseptic action.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Burnol Cream
- Bacterial Infections
- First degree burns
- Minor cuts
What is first Degree Burn?
Burns refers to condition occurred by direct or indirect contact with heat, electric current, radiation, or chemical agents. It is mainly classified into three levels, first degree, second degree and third degree.
First-degree burns: Only the outer layer of the skin is affected causing pain, redness, and swelling.
Second-degree burns or partial thickness burns: Outer layer + underlying layer of skin is affected causing pain, redness, swelling, and blistering.
Third-degree burns / full thickness burns: Deep layers of skin are affected causing white or blackened, burned skin. The skin may be numb.
How to Use Burnol Cream
- This cream is applied externally on minor superficial burns, cuts and wounds.
- The nozzle of new tube need to be pierced before application.
- Before applying the cream, apply cold water.
- Then apply Burnol, directly under hygienic conditions.
- You may spread the cream on sterile dressing to apply on the injury.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects and Warnings
- This tube is for external use only.
- Store the cream below 25 degree Celsius.
- Keep away from the sight and reach of the children.
- This medicine is harmful if swallowed.
- It can cause serious eye irritation on touch.
- In some people there can be skin irritation or redness of the skin.