Table of Contents
Himalaya Dental Cream, is proprietary toothpaste from Himalaya Drug Company. It is prepared from natural ingredients such as Neem, Ajwain, Anaar, Triphala, Nirgundi, etc./strong>. and benefits gums and teeth due to its antimicrobial, antibacterial, antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties. It contains Fluorspar. Fluorspar is a combination of lime with fluorine and is a natural source of fluorine, which prevents dental caries.
Here is given more about this medicine, such as benefits, indication/therapeutic uses, composition and how to use.
- Availability: Online and at medical stores
- Type of medicine: Proprietary
- Main Indication: Tightening gums, Tooth carre
- MRP/Price: Himalaya Dental Cream 200 grams @ INR 80.00
Ingredients of Himalaya Dental Cream
Each gm contains:
- Dadima (punica granatum) 2.57 mg
- Tumburu (Zanthoxylum alatum) 1.80 mg
- Babbula (Acacia Arabica) 1.71 mg
- Triphala 1.71 mg
- Vidanga (Embelia ribes) 1.71 mg
- Nirgundi (Vitex negundo) 1.14 mg
- Vaikranta bhasma 2 mg
- Nimba (Azadirachta indica) 1.44 mg
- Ajamoda satva 1 mg
- Pilu (Salvadora persica)
- Irimeda (Acacia farnesiana)
- Khadira (Acacia catechu)
- Bakula (Mimosops elengi)
Sodium Benzoate, Bronopol.
Contains saccharine sodium 0.5%.
Pomegranates contain polyphenols, tannins, ellagic acid and anthocyanins which are powerful antioxidants. It Tightens gums and prevents swelling of gums. It inhibits formation of plaque. Plaque is a sticky film of food, saliva and bacteria. Dental plaque is a biofilm consisting of population of bacteria growing on the tooth surface in a polysaccharide matrix. Researches show Pomegranate antioxidants can inhibit the formation of the plaque polysaccharide matrix, block the adherence of bacteria, prevent acid formation and reduce acid tolerance of cariogenic microorganisms.
Recent studies demonstrate that pomegranates can support oral health and is a successful remedy for strengthening gums and fastening loose teeth. In a study by Shastravaha, treatment with the extract of Punica granatum was found to significantly improve clinical signs of chronic periodontitis. P omegranate is effective against oral bacteria and has an antimicrobial activity.
Tumburu, Tejbal or Toothache tree has antiseptic, disinfectant activity and is useful in disorders of oral cavity. It treats periodontitis by curing bleeding and inflammation.
Triphala is very old ayurvedic mixture of three fruits i. e. Terminalia chebula, Terminalia bellerica & Emblica officinalis. It has very good antibacterial, antiseptic properties and helps in oral problems. It reduces plaque formation and reduces gum swelling.
Neem has antigingivitis, antiplaque, antiseptic and ani-inflammatory activities. It is effective in preventing dental plaque and tartar formation. It destroys cavity causing bacteria, reverses some of the pits and fissures that can progress to cavities and gives relief in gingivitis and periodontitis.
- Analgesic: Acting to relieve pain.
- Anti-inflammatory: Reduces sewelling/inflammation.
- Anti-septic: Prevents the growth of disease-causing microorganisms.
- Deodorant: Removes or conceals unpleasant smell.
Benefits of Himalaya Dental Cream
- It reduces inflammation and provides relief in painful inflammatory conditions like periodontitis, dental abscess and gingivitis.
- It tightens and reduces swelling of gums.
- it stops gum bleeding.
- It heals gum sores and prevents plaque formation.
- It controls bad breath.
- It is antibacterial and helps to prevent cavities.
- It guards and strengthens gums and teeth.
Important Therapeutic Uses of Himalaya Dental Cream
- Inflammatory dental conditions
- Periodontitis (inflammation of the tissue around the teeth, often causing shrinkage of the gums and loosening of the teeth)
- Gingivitis (inflammation of the gums)
- Dental plaques (biofilm or mass of bacteria that grows on surfaces within the mouth)
- Halitosis (technical term for bad breath.)
How to Use Himalaya dental Cream
- Use this paste in the same way as other pastes are used.
- Take a pea size on a soft toothpaste and brush teeth twice a day.
Suggestions, Contraindications, Interactions, Side-effects, and Warnings
- Use soft bristle toothbrush.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Brush two times a day.
- You may brush your teeth after having breakfast and dinner.
- It has no side-effect.
- It has no contraindications.
- It has no drug interaction.