Recipe for making North Indian vegetable curry using spring onion, coriander leaves, Fresh chilli and Indian hot spices. This is authentic spicy curry eaten with rice and bread.
I am going to write my recipe to make cauliflower curry. But you can make any vegetable curry using this recipe.
Ingredients for 2-3 serve
- Green onion or spring onion 2 bunch(6-8 leaves)
- Green garlic leaves2-3
- Green coriander leaves2 bunch
- Green chilli 2-3
- Garlic cloves 7-8
- Ginger 1 inch
- Onion 1
- Coriander powder 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 table spoon
- Garam masala 1/2 table spoon
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 table spoon
- Mustard oil 3-4 spoon
- Bay leaves1-2
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Cauliflower 250 gm
- Potato 2 medium size
- Red tomato 1-2
- Wash and cut vegetables and keep them aside.
- Now prepare spices paste.
- Wash green onion , garlic and coriander leaves.
- Cut onion in to four pieces, take out one piece for tadaka.(finally chopped)
- Put green onion, garlic, coriander leave, ginger, onion, garlic, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and cumin seed powder in a grinder and add some water and make fine paste.
- Put on deep cooking pan on stove and heat mustard oil. When oil gets heated, add bay leaf and cumin seeds to it for tadaka.
- Add finally chopped onion and stir till onion gets brown.
- Add spice paste and add salt to it.
- Cook spice paste until oil start separating from it.
- Add vegetable to it(Cauliflower and potato, you can use any other vegetable) and mix well and cook it for 4-5 min by putting lid on.
- Now add some water to it(How much thickness you want) and boil it till potato gets softer(Cooked).
- Finally add tomato pieces to it and cook it for another 1-2 min.
- Vegetable curry is ready, serve it in main course along with Rice, Chapati, Pudi, Paratha etc.
- Don’t forget to garnish with coriander leaves before serving it.
Note: you can use this recipe to make aaloo matar curyy, Egg plan potato curry, or any other spicy curry.
Here are some pics for reference
Raw green spices
Bay leaf tadaka
Onion Tadaka after getting brown
When oil start separating from spice paste