Recipe for making North Indian vegetable curry using spring onion, coriander leaves, Fresh chilli and Indian hot spices. This is authentic spicy curry eaten with rice and bread.
I am going to write my recipe to make cauliflower curry. But you can make any vegetable curry using this recipe.
Ingredients for 2-3 serve
- Green onion or spring onion 2 bunch(6-8 leaves)
- Green garlic leaves2-3
- Green coriander leaves2 bunch
- Green chilli 2-3
- Garlic cloves 7-8
- Ginger 1 inch
- Onion 1
- Coriander powder 1 spoon
- Turmeric powder 1/2 table spoon
- Garam masala 1/2 table spoon
- Cumin seed powder 1/2 table spoon
- Mustard oil 3-4 spoon
- Bay leaves1-2
- Cumin Seeds 1/2 table spoon
- Salt to taste
- Cauliflower 250 gm
- Potato 2 medium size
- Red tomato 1-2
- Wash and cut vegetables and keep them aside.
- Now prepare spices paste.
- Wash green onion , garlic and coriander leaves.
- Cut onion in to four pieces, take out one piece for tadaka.(finally chopped)
- Put green onion, garlic, coriander leave, ginger, onion, garlic, coriander powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and cumin seed powder in a grinder and add some water and make fine paste.
- Put on deep cooking pan on stove and heat mustard oil. When oil gets heated, add bay leaf and cumin seeds to it for tadaka.
- Add finally chopped onion and stir till onion gets brown.
- Add spice paste and add salt to it.
- Cook spice paste until oil start separating from it.
- Add vegetable to it(Cauliflower and potato, you can use any other vegetable) and mix well and cook it for 4-5 min by putting lid on.
- Now add some water to it(How much thickness you want) and boil it till potato gets softer(Cooked).
- Finally add tomato pieces to it and cook it for another 1-2 min.
- Vegetable curry is ready, serve it in main course along with Rice, Chapati, Pudi, Paratha etc.
- Don’t forget to garnish with coriander leaves before serving it.
Note: you can use this recipe to make aaloo matar curyy, Egg plan potato curry, or any other spicy curry.
Here are some pics for reference